• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    My girlfriend works in a military surplus store, so she gets some people coming in sellling cool **** (she will never live down the time she didn't call me when someone wanted $200 for an acog). She knew I was looking for a Benchmade Infidel and someone came in and wanted $175 for it, considering they go for over $350 down the street, she jumped on it. :rockwoot:

3300 Details | Benchmade

It's new and she's going to try to exchange it for a black bladed one up the street, just like I did with my daily carry Stryker Auto Tanto.

9100 Details | Benchmade

This is my 3rd benchmade, my first is somewhere in Ghazni province afghanistan.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    And just as long as you don't have it in Indiana... You're good to go!

-J-

The way I see it, the only way it would ever be an issue is if I got arrested for something else. Why would some random cop walk up and ask to inspect the knife in my pocket? I don't plan on breaking the law in a fashion to get me arrested, so i'll carry at my own risk. I also figure worst case scenario, the cop confiscates it for himself and gives me a verbal warning.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    hmmm... we have all of two knives we can't own in indiana.... good thing they are so restrictive !!!

as to why a cop might ask you to see your knife... um... because its ILLEGAL?? or is that fact lost? there are cops who are knife nuts and can pick out a auto from a non just by looking........ or maybe because its their job, if they suspect your breaking the law, to follow through.......

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Because your advertising yourself as a rebel on a public forum. :D

:shady:

Lol, maybe. If I make it through this deployment with this one, i might just keep it at the house for fear of losing it. And I never planned on carrying the infidel. Just cool factor. I have my SOG Trident assisted open that I can legally carry and it's a nice knife too. Plus there are several others I want.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    If they can tell it's illegal from 1/2" of the bottom of the grip showing, i'm impressed.

then don't cry if you get busted with it, and then all the ensueing legal crap you get into. but i'm sure that will be another bags of cats.....

anyway, thanks for your service. if you need anything, let us know. :patriot:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    If they can tell it's illegal from 1/2" of the bottom of the grip showing, i'm impressed.
    I can tell.

But then again,I think the Indiana switchblade law is antiquated and a moot point esp when my Emerson or Spyderco is faster.They don't have the Oh! and Ah! factor but are good blades none the less.

When I was in the service,the only auto's we could requisition were the Schade auto's with shroud cutter.Basically junk.

Stay safe!:patriot:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I can tell.

But then again,I think the Indiana switchblade law is antiquated and a moot point esp when my Emerson or Spyderco is faster.They don't have the Oh! and Ah! factor but are good blades none the less.

When I was in the service,the only auto's we could requisition were the Schade auto's with shroud cutter.Basically junk.

Stay safe!:patriot:

you can't tell!!!! you gotta ask BK6!!! :laugh:

'sides.... that and the other... with the stuff.... naaah..... wanna ride the pony, dave??!!!

and, yes, the law is antiquated..... and the autos are very cool....... but... dah laws dah laws.........:draw:

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    The way I see it, the only way it would ever be an issue is if I got arrested for something else. Why would some random cop walk up and ask to inspect the knife in my pocket? I don't plan on breaking the law in a fashion to get me arrested, so i'll carry at my own risk. I also figure worst case scenario, the cop confiscates it for himself and gives me a verbal warning.

Suppose you get jumped and use it in a SD scenario and stab someone... then the LEO has to take it as evidence... then you are busted, and try explaining to a jury (if it goes to that point) why you were carryin such an "evil" knife that you just happen to stab someone with....:nono:

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I have no interest in using a knife for self defense. I have a 1911 for that. If I ever learn how to use a knife for self defense, I might carry it, but It would probably be a smooth blade knife, in which case I would just buy an assisted open anyway.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    hey! i JUST realised, your in NC. i don't know if they outlaw autos or not.... hahahhaa!! also not sure where your GF is either.. so for all i know your legal!!

hahahaha!!

Top Bottom