Never rob a market with an armed cashier. We have a prize winner!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You're suggesting vigilante justice. Despite overwhelming evidence of guilt, that scumbag never had his day in court and that's not how we're supposed to do it here. Even if we did, the penalty for armed robbery isn't a firing squad. Like or not, faults and all, that's what we've agreed to in this country.

I'll say it again that the right time to shoot the guy was pretty much any time except when he did it. There was a strong case for lethal force through most of the video, just expressly not when he deployed it. Shooting a guy in the back who has empty hands is almost certainly going to land you in prison.
    You have to bear in mind that you are addressing four separate and distinct sets of standards here, specifically Brazilian law, US law, my idea of right and proper, and your idea of right and proper. I will emphasize that Brazilian law is the only relevant standard here.

Under Brazilian law, no one in authority gave a damn.

Under US law, the cashier most likely would be on his way to trial as the criminal received a cash settlement.

In my reckoning there are no tears shed for a dangerous criminal who wont be back to do it again tomorrow or the next day.

I have my own understanding of what I believe to be your right and proper forming up in my mind but prefer to leave that to you.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Under US law, the cashier most likely would be on his way to trial as the criminal received a cash settlement.

The only one I'm concerned about is that one.

This is a US gun forum and a disturbing number of you guys are cheerleading for what looks a lot like a murder charge in the US. I sure as hell wasn't going to sit on the sidelines and say nothing.

We have been told routinely about the numbers, and types, of people that read this forum. Some dipstick that doesn't know any better comes in here, sees that video, 20 guys cheerleading, and may think it's completely acceptable here to do the same thing. It isn't.

This has even deeper implications if you've been watching the news, at all, since about 2014. White clerk, black robber, and any doubt whatsoever of the legality? City on fire. Maybe a country on fire...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

This is a US gun forum and a disturbing number of you guys are cheerleading for what looks a lot like a murder charge in the US. I sure as hell wasn't going to sit on the sidelines and say nothing.

We have been told routinely about the numbers, and types, of people that read this forum. Some dipstick that doesn't know any better comes in here, sees that video, 20 guys cheerleading, and may think it's completely acceptable here to do the same thing. It isn't.

This has even deeper implications if you've been watching the news, at all, since about 2014. White clerk, black robber, and any doubt whatsoever of the legality? City on fire. Maybe a country on fire...
    Part of the process of becoming g a grumpy old man is that I do not feel responsible for protecting the stupid from themselves. The event happened in another country. I am not going to roll out condemnation just in case someone too obtuse to grasp that point happens to be reading.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Part of the process of becoming g a grumpy old man is that I do not feel responsible for protecting the stupid from themselves. The event happened in another country. I am not going to roll out condemnation just in case someone too obtuse to grasp that point happens to be reading.

Good thing there are other people in the community to help out then...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    By Indiana law can you shoot someone in the back when they are retreating? I know this wasn't Indiana, just wonder what DA would do here? Would they charge the store owner?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have Soooooooooo much I could say about this and most all of it would be the truth save for a few embellishments due to my own feelings on how these **** bags "SHOULD" be treated but are not.
    We used to do this here. Then we got "Civilized" and good on us for it but doing this we let everything get out of hand. And everything is out of hand as I type.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Pretty simple: When there are no consequences things get out of hand. And right now our judicial system lacks consequences. And we, the law abiding, cannot legally make up for it on the spot. We must do so legislatively, and this gets tougher all the time as society gets more, what shall I say, “diverse“…

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    My opinion, this might not be considered a bad shoot in the U.S. If the clerk felt like his life was still in danger, he had the right to shoot in self defense. I believe it would be very difficult for a prosecutor to convince a jury that the clerk had nothing to fear. The clerk could simply state that the robber was in possession of a firearm and he was afraid that he was going to turn around and kill him before leaving the store. Just my :twocents:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Dude would be going to jail for doing that here. The robber was walking away, wasn't even holding his weapon anymore, and was shot twice in the back. As the second shot hit him he was literally running away.

I'm not crying a river for one less scumbag out there, but that wasn't a self defense shooting at that point. 60 seconds prior it would have been.
    Dude went for his gun. I would have emptied the mag. Bullets are cheap, even today.

Top Bottom