• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I was hoping someone could give me some advice in regards to replacing my LTCH. My wallet was stolen/lost this weekend and my LTCH with it. Do I just go back to the City-County building (I'm in Marion County)? State code says there is a $20 replacement fee, are there additional local fees in Marion County? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-MGH

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I believe you will just have to get a copy. Which is that 20 dollar charge. May i suggest making your own copies THEN laminated and singing each. Actually you better sign first :)

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I was hoping someone could give me some advice in regards to replacing my LTCH. My wallet was stolen/lost this weekend and my LTCH with it. Do I just go back to the City-County building (I'm in Marion County)? State code says there is a $20 replacement fee, are there additional local fees in Marion County? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-MGH

Nope, it's just a $20 fee and 4-6 week wait. Once you get it, make multiple copies!

Ol' Wiley

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Indiucky (Clark Co.)
    Fill out State Form 53228 (google search it or I can send it to ya).
    Mail that in with money order or check (just $20), and they'll send you one in a few weeks.

Linked: http://www.in.gov/icpr/webfile/formsdiv/53228.pdf

Sorry to thread jack, but this is related:
    I sent mine out back in February for notification of address change. Anybody know if I will receive an updated license? Or they just want the new address for their records and I continue to use my license with old address?

Last edited:

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    Fill out State Form 53228 (google search it or I can send it to ya).
    Mail that in with money order or check (just $20), and they'll send you one in a few weeks.

Linked: http://www.in.gov/icpr/webfile/formsdiv/53228.pdf

Sorry to thread jack, but this is related:
    I sent mine out back in February for notification of address change. Anybody know if I will receive an updated license? Or they just want the new address for their records and I continue to use my license with old address?
    i believe they will just make record of it in their system and will NOT send you a new license, you can carry your original license perfectly legally. or if it really bothers you. you can spend the 20 bucks as well to get a new copy with the new address but you dont have to.

MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Thanks for the help! I'll pick up a money order this afternoon and send the paperwork out.

Here's a silly question - until I receive a new copy I am NOT legal to carry, correct? I've left my EDC at home the last couple days based on that assumption.

markz68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Connersville, IN
    I second/third/fourth the recommendation to make/laminate several copies. I had OfficeMax make me 4 copies on pink paper. I signed each copy and then had OfficeMax laminate them. Might have been about $5 total.

I carry a copy in my glovebox, my wife's glovebox, my rangebag, my wallet. I should never be without a LTCH while carrying.

My unsigned original is locked in my safe in case I ever need to make more copies.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Thanks for the help! I'll pick up a money order this afternoon and send the paperwork out.

Here's a silly question - until I receive a new copy I am NOT legal to carry, correct? I've left my EDC at home the last couple days based on that assumption.

Not necessarily. When you contact ISP, ask them for your LTCH number. With that, you can give the officer proof you HAVE a license.

IC 35-47-2-24
    Indictment or information; defendant's burden to prove exemption or license; arrest, effect of production of valid license, or establishment of exemption
    Sec. 24. (a) In an information or indictment brought for the enforcement of any provision of this chapter, it is not necessary to negate any exemption specified under this chapter, or to allege the absence of a license required under this chapter. The burden of proof is on the defendant to prove that he is exempt under section 2 of this chapter, or that he has a license as required under this chapter.
    (b) Whenever a person who has been arrested or charged with a violation of section 1 of this chapter presents a valid license to the prosecuting attorney or establishes that he is exempt under section 2 of this chapter, any prosecution for a violation of section 1 of this chapter shall be dismissed immediately, and all records of an arrest or proceedings following arrest shall be destroyed immediately.

If you have the license, you'll beat the rap, but you might not beat the ride. Of note, in Indianapolis, if your firearm is confiscated to the IMPD property room, it has been reported that they are not quick to return it to you, and their requirements, last I heard, to return it are more stringent than the requirement to buy it in the first place. (i.e. must give fingerprints, etc.)

Make your own decision. You could get a good cop like one of our folks from INGO or you could get the guy who pulled over the person employed as a "rectum stretcher". ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom