• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The man asks for something close to I-70 on the east or west side, and no one has offered any suggestion other than downtown.

If you want budget friendly and good food, just go to Cracker Barrel. There's one right off of I-70 on the east side off the Post Road exit, and one on the west side off of W 38th Street and I-465, just north of I-70 a few miles.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    So far...

My parents are on their way through Indiana, traveling down (sideways?) I-70. They would like to meet somewhere on the east or west side of indy for a nice, sit down meal. Cracker barrel has been the only thing that meets the east/west criteria, but my mom likes food that's a little more upscale. My dad likes good burgers, they both like Italian, Mexican, Asian, Indian, places along those lines.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If they don't mind a chain, and especially if they haven't been to one, there is a Longhorn Steakhouse on the east side at in front of Washington Square Mall on East Washington Street. I've never had a bad steak there, the filet mignon "Flo's Filet" is very good. They also have burgers, but I've not had one, so can't advise on those.

It might be a bit of a struggle to find "upscale" on the east or west side of Indy near I-70, depending on your definition of upscale.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Point taken.
    I withdraw my recommendation of St. Elmo's.
    Now, in good faith, will you withdraw yours for Cracker Barrel? He did say good food.
    Cracker Barrel is good comfort food.

Best part is, I don't have to pretend it's the second coming of Gordon Ramsay because of how much I paid.

People who think that good food has to be expensive have never visited an authentic taco truck.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    You sure about number 3?
    Yes. I wanted to go on a rant but...
    My parents.. ...my mom likes food that's a little more upscale. My dad likes good burgers, they both like Italian, Mexican, Asian, Indian, places along those lines.
    context rules out ol' faithful, WH.

for a serious answer, maybe Heidelberg Haus?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    So far...

My parents are on their way through Indiana, traveling down (sideways?) I-70. They would like to meet somewhere on the east or west side of indy for a nice, sit down meal. Cracker barrel has been the only thing that meets the east/west criteria, but my mom likes food that's a little more upscale. My dad likes good burgers, they both like Italian, Mexican, Asian, Indian, places along those lines.
    I would recommend Sullivan's Steak house in Castleton. I would say $50.00 to $125.00 per meal.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Man, I've racked my brain and can't think of a single place that I would call any more upscale than Cracker Barrel that is on the east or west side of Indy and near I-70. Unless you don't mind a chain and consider the aformentioned Longhorn Steakhouse or maybe Olive Garden more upscale. There is an Olive Garden on the east side on Washington Street, just off of I-465, couple miles south of I-70. I like Olive Garden, but I'm a simple man.

I'll preface this by saying that I've never been there, but a couple of friends have told me that Rick's Cafe Boatyard is good, if you want seafood. Sort of a more upscale setting as well, it's on Eagle Creek Reservoir. It's about 9 miles north of I-70 off of I-465 on the west side. Maybe someone who has been there can chime in.

Top Bottom