• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    I have a brand new taurus TCP that when i squeeze the trigger it will not fully depress and drop the hammer. With the slide off looking down from the top there appears to be a plastic ball bearing with a pin in the middle. The pin appears to be loose which is causing the bearing not to roll forward. Any ideas as to what this ball looking thing is called? I was able to push the pin in the middle back down and the trigger would then fully cycle, but the pin worked its way out (up) again = no joy. please help if you know what this ball is called.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It's called WARRANTY! Contact Taurus and ship it back.

Which number do you think it is?

H_tcp-exploded-view.jpg

Here is the PDF view from the man. www.taurususa.com/pdf/manual_TCP_50062247.pdf

Last edited:

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    on the exploded diagram, it is #6. The hole in top of the ball on the trigger is where the pin is creeping out of. anyone ever seen this before? I plan on calling customer service tomorrow.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Page 27 shows the exploded view, and pages 32 & 33 show the parts list. Hopefully, this will identify the specific piece to which you refer.

http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/manual-TCP.pdf

Ah sorry, posted late. Just call 'em, tell them about the pin securing the trigger ball to the trigger is working it's way out (might be just a press-fit job), and let them repair the whole trigger assembly, if necessary.

Last edited:

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    taurus sent me a label to return the gun. i had to start another thread to figure out how to do so. Thanks for the help on this.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Ordinarily, I'd call it a doo-hickie. In this case, I think don't-hickie is more appropriate.

When you send it back to Taurus, make sure you don't have ANY aftermarket add-ons or alterations on or about it--they will disappear before it returns to your hands.

Oh, and remember...when dealing with factory repairs, patience isn't just a virtue, it's a sanity preservation mechanism!!

Top Bottom