• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I'd recommend getting into something from the past. Revolvers, older auto pistols, lever or bolt rifles.

Black rifles and Tupperware pistols serve a purpose but they do that service without any style or panache. I know this because I own and shot both.

Nothing stirs the soul of this shooter and collector quite like blue steel and walnut. I enjoy the guns of yesterday because I'm fascinated by the genius of the designs and the skills of the workers who built the parts and assembled the final products.

I shoot my mor modern guns to maintain my proficiency with them. My vintage guns are shot regularly simply because they make me happy.
    This post, especially the last paragraph, wins the thread. Shooting modern plastic and aluminum stuff is work...fun-ish work but still work. Shooting old wood and steel is pure fun. It provides opportunities to work the same fundamentals, while getting to appreciate a fine piece of craftsmanship and design. I shoot plenty of both, but the best days are the ones where I'm out there with a revolver or a levergun just to have fun.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    Don't let the poor performance turn you off from thermals...
    so got my thermal this weekend and holy crap is it awesome. for a $400 thermal I am totally impressed. granted I know this isn't for long range but from 50yrds in its amazing.

if this is what you call poor performance, I can't wait to see what a higher end one could do! but that be for another day when I get the $3-$4k in play money fund.

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    have you figured out what you are spending your money on yet? if so pics!
    Wasn't really anything I wanted, but a friend was needing money so he offered me a bunch of items brand new in the box for $400. It was over 50% off so I bought them for the hell of it.

Factory Aero 10.5" 5.56 enhanced complete upper with Atlas rail.

WMD NIBX BCG

CMC 3.5LB flat trigger

Radian Talon ambi safety

SI ultimate dust cover

BCM vertical grip

Magpul MOE+ grip

2x Magpul 30rd M3 windowed pmags

I think that was it. A sold deal for $400. Now I just need to grab another lower and finish it out.

Top Bottom