• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CoachStall

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Johnson County
    So I am looking to get a left handed holster for my new Full sized Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm.

I have a genEric holster that does IWB and belt. I lime the security of iwb better. I am checking out paddle versions now.

My question is do paddle holsters go iwb and just clip to your pants? How securly do they fit?

What is your opinion of Fobus models?

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I've got one for the 1911s, and it fits pretty well. Holds the pistol high and close, retains it well, and once you get used to it, you can draw it just as quickly as a non retention holster. Good value for the money.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The original Fobus holsters (the clamshell type paddle holsters that were riveted together) were crap; they were not adjustable for tension or cant, marred the finish on the gun, and were flimsy (I've seen more than one destroyed while practicing retention techniques).

Those are still around, but the line has been augmented in recent years by newer designs that are at least a little better in all of the above areas.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    Paddle holsters grab your belt through your pants. They are Outside Waist Band (OWB) holsters. I actually like the old Fobus holsters, although they are flimsy. Paddle holsters fit pretty securely, but not as well as a true belt holster. Fobus does make an IWB (inside waist band) as well, but it was only for Glocks last time I looked.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I carried a plastic paddle holster for a while. I used it for my KelTec P-11. You can vary how you use it. It can go between your belt and pants, but that can feel pretty unsecure. And, as mentioned you can put the paddle into the waistband of your pants. A little more secure.

I just never warmed up to the plastic, though. Now it's leather, belt hold , that holds the barrel and trigger guard which is very secure; or an Uncle Mike's #4 pocket holster. But that only works with field pants. Of course, in winter you can carry just about anything.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Uncle Mikes makes a good paddle holster. I have one for both my 92FS, and my Xd. Heck I have even shoveled snow, with my Xd on my hip never even knew it was there. As a previous poster said, the paddle goes between your undies and pants. Just make sure you make you belt tight, and you do not have to much weapon tension so the gun will draw. Without the holster puling out of your pants. If you want a decent IWB, try a pancake style from Desantis. I do not know your budget, but they are decent for the price.

Top Bottom