• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunluster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    Place the revolver on its right side. Locate the side plate/cylinder crane retaining screw. It is the screw directly below the cylinder opening in the frame. Take that screw out. Becareful with the screw, because some Taurus models have a spring and detent in the screw that are easily lost. Push the cylinder release and hinge the cylinder out of the frame. Take ahold of the cylinder/ crane assembly and take them out of the frame parallel to the barrel. The cylinder assembly could come apart two different ways. Try pulling the cylinder away from the crane first. If that comes apart, then all you would have to do is unscrew the ejector rod(could be left hand, or right hand thread) out of the cylinder. The other way is to unscrew the ejector rod first before the cylinder can be removed from the crane. Hope this helps. It's the best that I can do at 3:45AM. Don't even ask why I'm awake.....

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've tried doing both ways, and I still can't figure out how to get the cylinder off. I can unscrew the ejector rod, but the ejector doesn't come out of the cylinder (I haven't tried to force it). With the ejector rod removed, the cylinder still doesn't budge from the crane. Plasma cutter? :):

Top Bottom