• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shftn6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    NW Monroe Co.
    I need some advice from you seasoned ammo buyers, especially in the current ammo climate.
    I have a couple pistol courses coming up, and I've decided I need about 1000 rounds to cover the next few months. I don't have the time or the patience to do the "Walmart 2 Box Shuffle" for weeks to get what I need. I've been able to find 1000 rds of Federal 230 gr FMJ for about $385 online. I'll have postage on top of that of course. Is this the best way to pick up the ammo I need? I noticed Bradis had some decent priced .45 ACP a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't pay close enough attention at the time. Will they sell larger amounts like this, and are their prices at least in the ballpark? Any other local sources you might recommend? Thanks!

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I have purchased WWB from Bradis in 500 rd cases. I think it was around $200, but that was last summer. Been thinking about another purchase soon myself. I haven't found found much online more reasonably priced.

Just checked, Wideners Reloading and Shooting supplies has Blazer aluminum cased 230 gr FMJ for $310/1000.

Last edited:

Mossmug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Greene County
    230 FMJ 45 ACP reloads cost about $210/K to make .

You might think about a Dillion and reloading .:patriot:

Case $50
    Pri $20
    Pwd $20
    Bullet $120

If you are close to Bloomington, I'll help ya get started .:):

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    If you feel like a road trip fin feather fur in ashland, ohio about 2.3 hours away has 50 round boxes of cci aluminum for 11.99.

Top Bottom