• ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Never ride/own a green motorcycle.
    This is the only one I can think of and I used to own a GREEN bike. Never harmed me and it sold for more than I paid for it.

Mine was a really bright lime green HD with wicked sounding pikes. I miss it. Had to sell it once I figured out my accident (car at work not on the bike) changed my life and I wouldn't ever be able to hold it up a stoplight again. :(

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Don't have the bike anymore, but I still have the gremlin bell my wife gave me when we were dating:
    2112lg_zps58c93289.jpg

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Always check to make sure BOTH axle nuts are installed BEFORE riding!

Bought a brand new motorcyle back in 1993 and rode it for a couple months. One day I happened to look down at the front wheel while standing next to bike and noticed the stomach wrenching evidence of bare threads showing on the whole end of the front axle. I have to assume that the dealership never installed it! Good thing the axle threads in to forks and is clamped as well on a Kawasaki Ninja! That WOULD NOT have been a fun ride standing on forks and then immediately sliding down the road face first. :n00b:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    When I had my Harley, I always had to polish the chrome before and after every ride. And I always had to wear a Harley shirt when I rode.

Yeah, that sounds like you. I'm sure you didn't ride if there was a 20% chance of rain, either. LOL!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Yeah, that sounds like you. I'm sure you didn't ride if there was a 20% chance of rain, either. LOL!

Believe it or not, I rode in the rain several times. I even rode when the temps were around 35 degrees. And I still have the heavy Harley Davidson leather jacket. I paid $900 for it :D

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Seems like I've broken every superstition in here so far, , , and look after 40 years of riding I'm still alive!!! Only thing I do all the time is to be alert! I never ride tired, never ride drunk. Besides that, I've actually ridden nekkid before, but I ride nekkid carefully!!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The Harleys used in WWII were targeted a lot and because they were green, it became a superstition to ride a green bike.

Thanks for that Que! I had a friend who said he didn't care what color his bike was as long as it was not green. I wondered what the deal was with green.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I have a superstition that if I don't wear my safety gear when I ride, I GREATLY increase my chance of severe injury or even death, [STRIKE]WHEN not [/STRIKE]IF I wreck my motorcycle.
    If you've been down at least once, you can say if. ;)
    I owe my life to my gear. Vanson, Arai, Held, Alpinestar: Thank you.
    Believe it or not, I rode in the rain several times. I even rode when the temps were around 35 degrees. And I still have the heavy Harley Davidson leather jacket. I paid $900 for it :D
    Did it come with a diamond ring in the pocket? :dunno:

Rain? No problem for me, but the older I get, the less tolerance I have for it.
    Bells? Never had one. I have a good friend with one on his Harley that informed me of the superstition. I don't know why he bothers, he only polishes chrome and tell people he has a harley, he never actually rides it.

My current bike was owned by a very close friend that passed away. I keep his old sheriff hat with his badge number on it and his rosary (no, I'm not catholic) in my tank bag. I wouldn't call it a superstition though.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Seems like I've broken every superstition in here so far, , , and look after 40 years of riding I'm still alive!!! Only thing I do all the time is to be alert! I never ride tired, never ride drunk. Besides that, I've actually ridden nekkid before, but I ride nekkid carefully!!
    Hey Crash, there's a guy here lookin' to buy your chopper!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

Somehow this does not surprise me. I've never heard of the bell thing either.

Top Bottom