• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    I have a N pap AK and am looking to put a side folding stock on it. What folding stock are you using and how do you like them? Pros and cons appreciated, thanks.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I have a N pap AK and am looking to put a side folding stock on it. What folding stock are you using and how do you like them? Pros and cons appreciated, thanks.
    Helped a friend install a Magpul Zhukov folding stock on his WASR-10. It works great, is very strong, locks up tight and the adjustable length of pull is a lot nicer than the standard laminated short stock it came with. His is black but now its available in FDE and Plum as well. Can't think of any cons at the moment. He still has it on his WASR and it looks great with the matching Magpul handguard.

Here's a link: Magpul Zhukov-s stock

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    Zhukov is the easiest, cheapest, and most popular option. You don't have a ton of options without doing some massive modifications or gunsmithing.

Other options include the Zastava USA triangle side folder: https://zastavaarmsusa.com/product/m70-folding-triangle-stock/, and an adapter like this RSA-YFS from JMac, which allows you to run an aftermarket folding stock: https://www.jmac-customs.com/rsa-yfs/
    Found a option from CNC warrior that I'm going to try.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    i just got one of those recently. Tubular folding stock with the buttpad and the foam cheek rest. Seems very well built so far but haven't used it enough yet to give it an outright recommendation.

Pros:
    -Installation was a breeze on my slant-cut MAK-90
    -Seems very solid and well built
    -comfortable and consistent cheekweld
    -can use the optional buttpad to give you more length of pull
    -optional QD sling slots
    -locks up extremely solid (so far... i haven't used/abused it too much yet)
    -metal construction where the zhukov is mostly plastic

Cons:
    -pricey
    -long shipping time
    -not super popular so not a lot of reviews/info on them
    -not as adjustable as the Zhukov
    -Heavier than the zhukov

Did you order from CNC warrior directly? Fair warning, it may take quite a while to ship. Took 3 months to get mine

Last edited:

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham

They make great stuff. I have several and dig them all. Just make sure you order the correct model to fit your Yugo-pattern gun - regular AKM-pattern stocks won't fit.

And FYI - sometimes it's easier to order through Bonesteel Arms. CNC Warrior partners with them on these stocks and braces, and I've had better/faster luck at times ordering from Bonesteel vs. CNC.

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    i just got one of those recently. Tubular folding stock with the buttpad and the foam cheek rest. Seems very well built so far but haven't used it enough yet to give it an outright recommendation.

Pros:
    -optional QD sling slots

Cons:
    -pricey
    -long shipping time
    -Heavier than the zhukov

Did you order from CNC warrior directly? Fair warning, it may take quite a while to ship. Took 3 months to get mine
    Ordered direct, was told 3 to 4 weeks to build and ship.

maceace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    NWI
    CNC Warrior/Bonesteel side folding stocks are good to go, I have them on few on my guns and also have a few braces and they work great and are heavy duty...

The magpul zhukov is a good concept but it's mostly plastic, and broke on MAC's review in cold weather...

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg

Pros:
    -optional QD sling slots

Cons:
    -pricey
    -long shipping time
    -Heavier than the zhukov

They never did ship mine but charged me immediately. After a month I called to check status and they didn’t even have my order. I ended up filing a dispute with my cc and got the money back. Screw them

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    They never did ship mine but charged me immediately. After a month I called to check status and they didn’t even have my order. I ended up filing a dispute with my cc and got the money back. Screw them

That's nuts and infuriating, but probably an honest mistake. CNC is a super small shop with just a few folks in house, and they fall behind on comms quite a bit. They are good people though, and they make a quality product that's often in high demand - higher than they can keep up with a lot of times.

Doesn't absolve them of a mistake like that, but I just want to point out that it's an honest shop.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    That's nuts and infuriating, but probably an honest mistake. CNC is a super small shop with just a few folks in house, and they fall behind on comms quite a bit. They are good people though, and they make a quality product that's often in high demand - higher than they can keep up with a lot of times.

Doesn't absolve them of a mistake like that, but I just want to point out that it's an honest shop.
    I’ve bought from them before. This time was different. They didn’t respond to email and phone was disconnected. Online under my account there was a record of all previous purchases but none for the last one. They never even responded to the bank. Maybe a mistake or who knows, but I’m not going down that path again despite their excellent products.

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    I have a N pap AK and am looking to put a side folding stock on it. What folding stock are you using and how do you like them? Pros and cons appreciated, thant

The CNC warrior side folder came in, and after a little work to to get I to clear the rivits on the rear of the receiver, it fits great. Locks up nice an tight. Hope to try it out his weekend. 20210928_182004.jpg 20210928_181640.jpg

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Does the CNC warrior stock allow clearance for the bolt handle to fire when folded?

I currently have an adapter that allows an AR buffer and stock to be mounted on my Bulgarian milled receiver. I had to cut the lower tang almost flush with the receiver but it was riveted on and could be replaced if necessary.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Does the CNC warrior stock allow clearance for the bolt handle to fire when folded?

I currently have an adapter that allows an AR buffer and stock to be mounted on my Bulgarian milled receiver. I had to cut the lower tang almost flush with the receiver but it was riveted on and could be replaced if necessary.

It just barely clears on my Mak90

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    I dig my magpul except the butt pad .....at the risk of sounding like a weenie the sawtooth pattern or whatever is kinda irritating when you're just wearing a t-shirt

Attachments

• 20211007_173355.jpg
      20211007_173355.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 7

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg

Desert Fox Outfitters makes an adapter that slides over the tang. Won’t help this time, but for the next one

Top Bottom