• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    She learend that when I am in bed and does not call to tell me she is almost home and comes home and does not call and comes in bumping around the house that I don't like it.....

I told her that I don't like things that go bump in the night and that she came very close to seeing an armed and angry husband.

She came home about a half hour or so past when I was expecting her and I was 99% sure that it was her due to a few factors/things I heard.

For those that are a little paranoid about family saftey like me make sure you remined family members or frequent guests that come over on the things to do or not to do from time to time.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You dont know the difference between someone who lives in the house coming home and a person breaking in?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    You dont know the difference between someone who lives in the house coming home and a person breaking in?

You do realize that key's get lost or stolen, so do garage openers......

Say someone has a peice of mail laying on the seat of their car with their address on it, a BG could break into the car write down the address or take the mail, grab the garage door opener and break in to your house and be gone ebfore you even get off work.. in that case would you know who is who if they just walk in?

Many houses on the southside that have been robed just from cars in the driveway that have garage door openers in them.

If you think that the only way a BG could get in by breaking in and making noise then you may be in for a rude awakening one day.....

There are even ways of breaking glass and not making that much noise....

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You do realize that key's get lost or stolen, so do garage openers......

Say someone has a peice of mail laying on the seat of their car with their address on it, a BG could break into the car write down the address or take the mail, grab the garage door opener and break in to your house and be gone ebfore you even get off work.. in that case would you know who is who if they just walk in?

Many houses on the southside that have been robed just from cars in the driveway that have garage door openers in them.

If you think that the only way a BG could get in by breaking in then one day you may be in for a rude awakening.....

There are even ways of breaking glass and not making much noise at all.......

A pack of Ninja's could break in too.:D

If your garage door opener is in your car in the drive way your an idiot.(while idiot is a harsh word, it is the deserved when you dont care about your family's safety) Not saying that your family does this.

I know when the wife comes home from the sound of her vehicle coming in the driveway, to the door she comes in through, to her sitting her purse down on the table.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    A pack of Ninja's could break in too.:D

If your garage door opener is in your car in the drive way your an idiot.(while idiot is a harsh word, it is the deserved when you dont care about your family's safety) Not saying that your family does this.

Garage door opener is not left in the car in the driveway...

Ill put it to you this way.... you could steal or break into my car right this very second and you would find nothing in it that idenitifies me or the location of my home and it has been that way for a while. My wifes car is almost to that point.

I just don't like the door opening when I don't know for sure who it is.... could be CHuck Norris in a Ninja suit for all I know :D

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Every member of my family knows to announce themselves in a particular way that we've all agreed on (that's not just yelling "it's me!").
    We also have a way of letting each other know from behind a closed door whether we are under duress.
    Overkill? Maybe.
    Paranoid? If you want to call it that.
    Safer than the Joe Schmoe family down the street. You bet.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Ill put it to you this way.... you could steal or break into my car right this very second and you would find nothing in it that idenitifies me or the location of my home and it has been that way for a while. My wifes car is almost to that point.
    You don't carry your vehicle's registration in your car?

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    While I'm not the one that brought it up, my vehicles are
    business vehicles with it's name and address on it.

Not difficult to have a business, harder than !#$$ to keep one.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Every member of my family knows to announce themselves in a particular way that we've all agreed on (that's not just yelling "it's me!").
    We also have a way of letting each other know from behind a closed door whether we are under duress.
    Overkill? Maybe.
    Paranoid? If you want to call it that.
    Safer than the Joe Schmoe family down the street. You bet.

So, for the sake of clarity, is the "announcement" made as an every day notice that it's a family member coming in OR only to inform you that your family member is under distress (e.g., being held at knife point and forced into the home)? I like the idea of the second option, a lot.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    So, for the sake of clarity, is the "announcement" made as an every day notice that it's a family member coming in OR only to inform you that your family member is under distress (e.g., being held at knife point and forced into the home)? I like the idea of the second option, a lot.

Both. It's one phrase for "everything's cool" and something else for "OMGWTFSHTFBBQ!"

HollowaySF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    TacDave, I'm gonna agree w/ you on this. My mother and my wife's aunt have both learned this lesson the hard. On a deployment I made sure my wife knew my .45 inside and out. Her aunt comes over late at night while I'm gone pounding on the door, no phone call or nothing, and was greeted by an angry, protective mother, crazy Army Vet w/ a locked and loaded .45. My mother got this same greeting over the same identical scenario. If it's later than what normal would stop by, give a heads up. If you're running late and I'm sleeping call me or something before you come in. I got your six on this one bro! :shoot:

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I absolutely hate it when the GF drops by without confirming that she is coming and covers the peep hole, and she always tries the door first. Then I get chewed out for answering the door with a gun.

Glad you didnt shoot your wife

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Ha, my brother's girlfriend came to the apartment the other day. I didn't know she was coming over and she didn't knock, just opened the door. I was off the couch and in the doorway before she even stepped in. I think it scared her because she knocks every time and waits for someone to answer the door now. :):

These womenz need to realize we're crazy.

Renegade1978

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Porter
    A while ago, my daughter came home from college a day early. My wife was gone to visit family in Iowa, so I was alone in the house. At 3:00 AM, I heard someone walking down the hallway, so I grabbed my 9mm and went out to confront. It was my daughter. I told her that she was lucky, and that she knew better than to walk around the house at night when I don't know she's there. She said, "Dad, I've been home for 2 hours. I've already watched a movie."

I guess I'm not the most vigiilant one on INGO. :)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I have 5 small sentient alarms that roam the house.
    They will respond to any noise. When the go off in a chorus it's pretty loud.
    They will go off until they recognize the person who enters.
    If they stop sounding the alarm in short order then no problem.
    If someone else enters with the person they recognize and that someone is not recognized they continue to go off.
    Even if you hit "snooze" on one, the others would still be going off and would be harder to silence.

Top Bottom