1f4264f9-ad38-4f07-ab1a-462a30faa9cc_zps2650ad4f.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    UPDATE

Having a spare 3 hours today I drove down to lovemywoods' just to finally shoot the Colt. You can imagine its been bugging me terribly this whole time.

Still a bit confused by the .38S&W barrel I chose to function test with my offhand, wearing a leather glove, with a tree trunk between the gun and my face. It functioned without a hitch. :yesway:

I then put another ~50 rounds through it. The trigger is heavy, but very smooth. The gun feels very solid. Recoil is stiff, but not unmanageable. I think this has part to do with the small grips and my unfamiliarity with wheelguns in general.

2ypj237.jpg

Overall accuracy was so-so. Admittedly I shot everything offhand and for only a few minutes. A couple point and shoot drills shows the bullets pretty much go where I want them to. I did hit a small steel IPSC target from about 40 yards one-handed in single action, but it took me 6 shots to do it.

So I stocked her up with some old Federal hollow points and put her in service as a truck gun. :rockwoot:

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Very cool. I have a 1921 Colt Police Positive Special and it's one of my favorites. The old Colts and Smiths are pieces of art unlike the plastic guns made today.

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    That is a very cool piece of history you have there, if we could only go back in time how cool to buy a handgun at the hardware store.

Here is my Grandfathers S&W 38 he passed the year i graduated from high school 1981. My Dad gave the gun to me a few years back i will always treasure it and someday my Son will own it. I want to get the S&W letter of authenticity to find the history. My Dad remembers his father having that gun as long as he can remember.

Top Bottom