• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I won a Pard IR night vision scope attachment at the NRA convention. I happen to have an old Osprey scope in the basement and a 9mm suppressor that has a side rating for .300 BLK.

Hmm, It seemed obvious that I needed a rifle to pull it all together.
    Enter the Axis II. The whole thing is low-budget but I have been having a ton of fun with it. I have a home range, and with due safety, have been shooting into what appears to be total darkness and banging steel at 80 yards. My son shot it this past weekend and noted the sound of the steel hit is louder than the sound of the shot. It really is a weird feeling to shoot at a target you cannot begin to see without the IR scope.

The rifle was about $450 but is darn accurate. I've only shot paper once at 30 yards and with sub-sonic ammo and the suppressor all of the rounds easily overlapped. I can believe it's sub-MOA at 100 yards using high-quality ammo. But there is a sacrifice. The magazine is metal but difficult to load, the bolt action is clunky and difficult to operate and it has a cocking procedure that can get out of sinc. If the trigger is pulled with the bolt out of the gun it's a pain to get it back in.

It's been more fun than I expected. I see this now as a project gun with future upgrades- especially a change to thermal.

1693412301046.png

Top Bottom