• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Do-Unto-Others-Michael-Williamson/dp/1439133832/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259774149&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Do Unto Others (9781439133835): Michael Z. Williamson: Books[/ame]

51T4JVKRnVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

August release in all major bookstores.

It features positive use of a medium buttload of guns ("Positive use" meaning, "Bad guys get killed over the objections of the softer-hearted crowd, and in violation of several 'policies' of not having guns on the premises," which policies the bad guys of course violated).

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    You need to change the title of your post to "Shameless Plug: My New Book"

All kidding aside, it's good to know that such circumstances are being addressed more in fiction.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I'm a big fan, Mr. Williamson. I'll be grabbin' it as soon as I can find it available for sale. I just realized you're on Baen books... do they offer Kindle downloads like they do with David Weber's stuff?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    All Baen Books are available as $6 unencrypted downloads in the format of your choice through WebScription Ebooks and through Baen.com. You can have them for Kindle, Palm, or just a .doc file for your laptop.

(THAT is a shameless plug)

Yes, quite a few Baen authors pack. Me. Larry Correia, former Class III dealer. Probably Tom Kratman, former Infantry officer and War College professor. Possibly David Drake, 'Nam vet (11th ACR). Possibly Eric Flint, Trotskyite and union organizer. Definitely Dave Freer, South African vet. Probably David Weber. Probably Steve White, Navy vet and law journal editor. Probably S.M. Stirling. Likely Jerry Pournelle, Arty officer (Korea), political scientist and aerospace engineer. Probably several others. Even some of the left wing fantasy types like Mercedes Lackey (I know she likes GLOCKs and Smith revolvers).

It's become a running joke that we're going to invade Barbados and declare independence.

The first book in this series even featured a camping store named "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.":D

btw, I also write for Survivalblog, appeared on 5 episodes of The Best Defense and occasionally have stuff in NRA mags. I'm pretty shameless about my position on guns.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Fletch turned me on to Freehold a few years back...what an awesome springboard.
    I'll definitely be looking into Do Unto Others.

And...a belated "Welcome to INGO". :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    I must revisit the ban thread.:)

I've lurked here and gotten emails for a couple of years. I just didn't start posting until a few weeks ago.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I envy anyone who has the endurance to finish writing one book, much less several, much less get them published.

I am a failure.

On the other hand, I'm really good looking, so it's okay to be a failure.

Congrats on the new book, sir. I've not read any of your work, but now I probably will.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I just reference Larry Correia in a thread yesterday or the day before. I had no idea he carries. Very cool. I just discovered him this week and you as well. I love fantasy/sci fi literature and I'll have to check you out.

Welcome to INGO!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I just reference Larry Correia in a thread yesterday or the day before. I had no idea he carries. Very cool. I just discovered him this week and you as well. I love fantasy/sci fi literature and I'll have to check you out.

Welcome to INGO!

I'm guessing you weren't a member of THR(the high road DOT org) a few years back...Larry was a mod there; great guy.

That used to be my goto forum, before the meltdown. Shortly after the drama started, I stopped going there.

:hijack:

Can anyone tell me what the final verdict was in Oleg's debacle trying to get his forum back?

(PM would probably be better to keep this thread on track)

Edit: To keep this thread on track and not further interrupt the thread, TWB PM'd me basically telling me the same stuff I know, so if anyone else knows what happened, please inform me and I'll ask TWB if he wants to know as well.

Last edited:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I'm guessing you weren't a member of THR(the high road DOT org) a few years back...Larry was a mod there; great guy.

That used to be my goto forum, before the meltdown. Shortly after the drama started, I stopped going there.

:hijack:

Can anyone tell me what the final verdict was in Oleg's debacle trying to get his forum back?

(PM would probably be better to keep this thread on track)

PM to be sent!

Top Bottom