• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonehead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Vincennes
    It was time to pick me up a new 1911 last week because I just couldn't make myself wait any longer :D

I had originally went looking for a new Kimber again like I have in the past, well as some of you might know they are a bit hard to find and I refused to order one and wait 6 months for it.

So out of luck on finding a CDP , I had my local dealer check to see what he could get........ well, I found one that was suitable and 2 days later it was in my greedy little hand:rockwoot:

Here it is my new stainless TRP...
    P1010039.jpg

P1010040.jpg

This is my first Springfield I have owned and am very happy with it.

It as expected shoots better than I do, and after 250 flawless rounds so far it is well on its way to becoming my everyday carry.

Though as much as I do like this pistol ,I do have to say that the ambi safety and the 2 piece guide rod have got to go so that is next of the to do list..................... and maybe a solid trigger too while I am at it;)

The TRP with the rest of the crew...
    P1010066.jpg

fits right in I would have to say:cool:

rjstamp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Great looking guns...I like the grips too. I'm thinkin about buying an old Colt 1911a1 in SS

ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    Here is my Taurus 1911ALR .45 ACP PISTOL WITH PICATINNY RAILS.
    PT1911ALR - Aluminium frame and blued carbon steel slide, with Picatinny rail.
    It is a light aircraft grade Aluminum alloy pistol which makes concealed carry tolerable even for full sized 1911.

taurusalr.jpg

Last edited:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    ruger17hmr
    Here is my Taurus 1911ALR .45 ACP PISTOL WITH PICATINNY RAILS.
    PT1911ALR - Aluminium frame and blued carbon steel slide, with Picatinny rail.
    It is a light aircraft grade Aluminum alloy pistol which makes concealed carry tolerable even for full sized 1911.

Why defile a perfectly fine TRP thread with that thing? I would never go to a Filet Mignon thread and show my hamburger. :stickpoke:

Bonehead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Vincennes
    Very nice! I like the grips, on all of them!:yesway:
    Those are all from Larry Davidson 's Monkkeygrips.

The Eclipse has Horned Lizard in black/gray , the Stainless Kimber has Warthogs in black/gray , the Clackamas has Shredders in black/gray and the TRP has Warthogs in black that came on it from Springfield.

The TRP will get a different set of his grips when I figure out what I want.

Bonehead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Vincennes
    The TRP is nice, but the Clackamas is the real prize. Lucky man.
    Yeah, I like the Clack it has got some miles on it but I got it for a real good price and after seeing the 24xx serial number I had to have it.

Though I am torn between getting it refinished and leaving it be. The frame has already been hard chromed sometime way before I got it and needs striped and rechromed or maybe Ionbonded. I have found multiple chips in the chrome on the frame.

The slide.... now let me start by telling you the previous owner used the Clack as a truck gun and it had a fair amount of rust when I got it.

The thing needs refinished top to bottom but yet there are times when I look at it and just like the used/weathered look it has....

P1010047.jpg

P1010048.jpg

Top Bottom