• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DestructionDan

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    IN KY
    Got a Plum Crazy lower from upstate armory at a show oh so long ago. Great price and perfect for a .22lr

Just got a Chiappa .22lr M4-22 again good price.

Just about everything on this is poly keeping the weight down.

Put it all together on Saturday and oops I forgot a rear sight.
    Everything feels great, need a new pistol grip.
    Picked up a used DPMS carry handle and test fired it.
    Only to hear click :dunno:
    Federal wally world ammo lets try again. click :xmad:
    Used the guys DPMS lower that I got the carry handle from and she fired. :rockwoot:

Looking and looking to come and find out the hammer on the PC lower is too wide.
    Took the BCG out of the upper and tried to put it on, thinking the firing pin was too short or something. Nope too wide won't fit in the slot to be able to hit the firing pin.

Now I got a toy I can't play with. Waiting for the store I got the lower from to let me know how we fix this.
    I sure hope this gets fixed soon, I am missing range time today.

Great looking door stop for now.

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

Guy I got the lower from sent me a new trigger and hammer with springs
    But for now I just filed off some of the hammer to play.
    Hope the rain holds off here so I can take her to the range for some trigger time.

Going to put a free float on it and change the grip maybe remove the front A2 and put a block on it.

kharb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Granger
    Do you think the issue was due to the 22 upper? Have you tried the lower on a 223 or other caliber upper? The reason I ask is that I just purchased one of these lowers a couple months ago and have yet to buy an upper. This has got me very concerned.

Please keep me updated on this!

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I am curious about the PCF lowers myself. One of the local shops just ordered a few and I am thinking of grabbing one. They seem perfect for a dedicated .22 build. Not sure if I would run a 5.56/.223 upper on it.

kharb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Granger
    I am curious about the PCF lowers myself. One of the local shops just ordered a few and I am thinking of grabbing one. They seem perfect for a dedicated .22 build. Not sure if I would run a 5.56/.223 upper on it.

Do a 'net search. You'll find lots of reviews/comments/videos/etc. on them. In general, I'd say all of the reviews are positive. Most people use them for 5.56/.223 though a lot mention that it would be a good lower for a .22 build. Almost all of the negative comments about them come from those that either don't own one and just believe their opinion trumps all or are "AR purists" and believe metal is the only way one should be built.

The only known issue I found was with using it on an un-shrouded bolts there is a dimension issue. The hammer can be "filed" down from what I've read though.

I bought one as I was impressed with the reviews and am attempting to build an "ultralight" AR. That and they are cheap as hell for a fully assembled lower.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Guy I got the lower from sent me a new trigger and hammer with springs
    But for now I just filed off some of the hammer to play.
    Hope the rain holds off here so I can take her to the range for some trigger time.

Going to put a free float on it and change the grip maybe remove the front A2 and put a block on it.

From what I've read, they sent you the right fix. They have offered to do that for people using it with the 22 platform.

DestructionDan

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    IN KY
    They wanted me to pay $9.95 + S/H
    Upstate sent me the parts then told me to send him a 20 spot. Not sure what do to here. Send him the parts back or ask him for the rest of the parts and put good parts in the lower.

The hammer hole is smaller on a .22 upper.
    There is a flat plate that the hammer fits in then the hole gets smaller to the hammer.

I have only seen 2 bad reviews about the PC lowers. 1 no idea of the outcome 2 the fool owner cracked the threads changing the stock.
    Funny PCF replaced the lower for free.

What I did to fix it right now was take a dremel and a flex abrasive wheel to the hammer. A little off each side and it works.

I really don't have anything to cry about, it looks good and I hope to make it to the range today.

kharb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Granger
    If it's working with your mods, I'd send the parts back.

Were they PCF parts? If they were, I'm sure you could contact them and they might send them to you for free. Just a thought, not sure they would.

Top Bottom