• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I bet if that gas station was getting robbed and you were there to stop it she would understand a little better.

yeah, but the sheeple don't think that way.

Many times they don't "get it", until they experience it. That includes 2A, watching the gov't take their hard earned dollar and hand it to someone else, etc.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    However I might have to disagree with you here if you are saying what I think you are saying. Regarding law enforcement in the aftermath of a defensive shooting you do not want to go on rambling a preprogrammed response. You might in fact request to speak to your lawyer immediately and deny any comment to police regarding the incident. The reason I say this is you could incriminate yourself by saying anything and I mean anything to the police. You do not have to prove your innocence to them that will be proven in court.

You certainly don't want a rambling statement to the police. Simply "He attacked me and I had to defend myself. I will be glad to cooperate with the investigation, but wish to have an attorney present during any questioning." Then just keep repeating "I wish to have an attorney" in response to any questions the police ask.

Yeah, you'll be arrested, most likely. But if it's a good shoot you won't stay that way for long.

izzygrace

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    Carmel
    carrying gun

She will probably understand better after she is robbed by some thug and the Police were a little held up or better yet 911 puts her on hold.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i have this same argument with my best friend every week or so. he isn't antigun, he hunts and has a pistol. he doesn't see why anyone would carry a gun. we have a heated discussion/argument often. then we just aggree to dissagree and move on. i think the only think that would change his mind would be something happening that he wished he had his pistol or is glad i had mine. i swear talking to some folks is like beating your head against a brick wall.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    so i made my weekly trip to wallyworld to search for ammo and i decided to carry my taurus pt99. i like the gun, it comfortable to handle, holds 18 9mm rounds and has a long barrel for lower recoil. but it's a big gun and hard to conceal. so i said, eff it! i'm going open carry. and its stainless, so its very noticeable.

no one said a word in wallyworld. so i go to shell to buy a soda and get gas and as im walking out, this woman says to me "sir, can i ask you wny you carry a gun?"

i replied "because indiana is a free state that recognizes my 2nd amendment rights. i carry a gun for protection- for myself and perhaps for you if i have to."

looking puzzled she said "thats kinda odd dont you think?"

i said "not really, about 10% of the population has a permit to carry a handgun."

she replied "that's kinda scary."

i said "not really, guns are only scary to the unexperienced and to victims. the police are always 5 minutes too late."

at this point she gave me a really nasty look and said something to her friend that i couldnt hear. we both walked away shaking our heads at each other.

(Warning - Joke coming up...)

You should have shot her in the leg and asked her to call 911 and see how long it takes.

(Warning - All clear)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm with Scutter. Great job up until the end. Never good to be on the defensive. Always use the opportunity to educate, not berate. Either way you still did good! I wish more people would do the same!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You guys are nicer than me. My response to my niece when she asked why I carry: "In case I need to shoot someone."

I'm way too nice then. I must explain too much to my kids before I tell them "When that crazy bad guy comes running into my house or at me with HIS gun then..." :dunno: :scratch:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom