• ...and so much more!
  • 3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    IMG_0201.jpg
    Picked it up Friday at Midwest Gun Exchange. Called all around the country looking for one. I decided to go up to Midwest walked in and they had it on the wall, their last one. They gave me a good deal on it so I bought it. My upgrades will be a Sadlak scope mount with a Leupold mark 4 and later on a surefire suppressor.

Last edited:

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    And the million dollar question is.....how much did it run you?

I think an M1A will be added on my list of "must haves"..

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Make sure to GREASE the M1A in these areas:

1. Any area where metal rubs, slides or cams against metal.

More specifically but not limited to:
    Op rod channel, Op rod bolt relief, Bolt roller, Bolt lugs, Inside roof of receiver where bolt rides, Hammer surface as well as hooks on each side.
    Action spring, spring guide, Under barrel where op rod slides over. Op rod guide.

Not using grease will result in increased wear and possible reliability issues with your M1A.

A greasy M1, M1A/M14 is a happy one.

Enjoy, nice rifle.

SynnerG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Hey 3gunshooter, I as well just bought my first SA M1A this weekend! What series does that one belong to? I got a Loaded series with carbon barrel and OD Green stock. Once I get pics for it I'll prolly do some posting of my own. Next up, reloading parts since this is my first 308 rifle, and magazines. No way I have money for a proper scope for it now that I just bought the rifle, haha.

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    Hey 3gunshooter, I as well just bought my first SA M1A this weekend! What series does that one belong to? I got a Loaded series with carbon barrel and OD Green stock. Once I get pics for it I'll prolly do some posting of my own. Next up, reloading parts since this is my first 308 rifle, and magazines. No way I have money for a proper scope for it now that I just bought the rifle, haha.
    It's a National Match 9822, I ordered Mags for it last night from Copes they have the checkmate mags for 22.00 I work with some guys that have them and really like them. I will also have to get some 308 dies to reload.

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    My M1A was built in 94 and is mostly Winchester parts. I put a GI issue bipod on it last fall. I put a Sadlac scope mount on it and it was easy to install and seems rock solid. I topped it off with a Carl Ziess 3-9 power scope and shot it with that setup the last two weekends.So far I have been able to shoot a few sub minute of angle 4 shot groups at 100 yards.I am using hand loads and am still working on them. I think it will do better. Congrats on the nice rifle and I am sure you will enjoy it.

huzyerdaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Hamilton County
    IMG_0201.jpg
    Picked it up Friday at Midwest Gun Exchange. Called all around the country looking for one. I decided to go up to Midwest walked in and they had it on the wall, their last one. They gave me a good deal on it so I bought it. My upgrades will be a Sadlak scope mount with a Leupold mark 4 and later on a surefire suppressor.

What did you give for it if you don't mind me asking? Thanks (I'm in the market for one)

FordMan79

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Southeast Indiana
    What kind of grease do you use?

I also have a bunch of CMI mags and they work great!

Make sure to GREASE the M1A in these areas:

1. Any area where metal rubs, slides or cams against metal.

More specifically but not limited to:
    Op rod channel, Op rod bolt relief, Bolt roller, Bolt lugs, Inside roof of receiver where bolt rides, Hammer surface as well as hooks on each side.
    Action spring, spring guide, Under barrel where op rod slides over. Op rod guide.

Not using grease will result in increased wear and possible reliability issues with your M1A.

A greasy M1, M1A/M14 is a happy one.

Enjoy, nice rifle.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    :welcome: to the M14/M1A Club !!! Great price on a NM. Is it a full NM or the loaded model?

They are very addictive (see my avatar), almost like BRD.... but the higher cost keeps it from being a full blown disease, more like an illness !!!

dudish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    I loved the one that I was issued in Iraq. Unfortunately they are just too pricey for me right now. It is on my list of must haves for one day. I already have 8 magazines for it...

Top Bottom