• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I'll be attending The Piano Guys concert in a couple weeks at the Murat with my family. Everything I've read on here is that security varies depending on the concert. Is this still true? Has anyone been to a concert there recently? I usually AIWB carry and would like to have an idea of whether or not this will work.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    depends on the act. I carried in there for Wicked and for the Bodybuilding show earlier this year and there was pretty much zero security for either. I know that at some acts there is heavy security with metal detectors.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For Les Miserables, I assumed they'd be wanding.

Walked up to the line, saw they weren't checking anything, walked back to car to get mine.

Wonder how they decide what's worth stepping up security and what isn't..

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Went to the Patriot Tour back in October. Before they opened the doors, they sent a lackey out twice to remind us that we were going through a metal detector and if we had anything this was our chance to take it back to the car.

There was also a concert upstairs that night. They were a totally different crowd than the Patriot Tour crowd. This was a Saturday night so maybe that was the reason for the increased presence and warnings. This was on the heels of losing a knife (they confiscated it) to a metal detector at Riley Children's Hospital after taking my pistol back to the car when I saw we were walking through detectors. I didn't need anything else confiscated.

When the Patriot Tour came to town five years back, it was at the Scottish Rite and there were no metal detectors or wands. I'm surprised The Patriot Tour/Marcus Luttrell/Team Never Quit would hold their event at a venue that strongly encourages patrons not to protect themselves. There are plenty of suburban churches that have similar or greater seating capacity. If they come back and have it at ONC/Murat I will politely decline the ticket.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I went there to see Straight No Chasers in 2015. Didn't realize they were wanding the people as they went in. I had a Glock 26 in a Cross Breed Super Tuck and an LCP on my ankle. I made a quick trip back to the van to disarm while my wife waited inside [grumbing]. I came back and the guy ran the wand over my front pocket and alerted on metal. He asked what it was. I told him it was my car keys. He said it was ok. I went in and smiled to myself knowing it was a switchblade knife. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom