• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Golf55555

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Have a day off Sunday so I'm off to see some guns/gear. Who has been to these shows in the past? Which one should be the largest selection?

Thanks for opinions in advanced!

BTW.. It's a wash for distance. I'm smack in the middle of both.

tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Never been to muncie 1.. Ft wayne 1 has gone down hill last few yrs. Can't imagine it now. I don't even go any more because of the suck factor. I vote muncie

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    I didn't hear good things today about the Ft. Wayne show, I doubt Muncie will be any better. I would hold off one more month before spending any money and time towards a show.

Last edited:

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Indiana Self Defense will be at the Muncie show
    Last few I have been to have been good, some times the small shows are better than the big shows :twocents:

And the Biscuits/gravy they serve aint to bad !

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Indiana Self Defense will be at the Muncie show
    Last few I have been to have been good, some times the small shows are better than the big shows :twocents:

And the Biscuits/gravy they serve aint to bad !

This.

I HIGHLY recommend the Muncie gun show. I'll be there myself sometime in the morning.

Some of the best deals I've ever seen have been at the Muncie show, great variety. Highly recommended

orangeone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    The Fort Wayne show is NOT the one at the coliseum. The numbers at the coliseum are reported to be dwindling. The former K's Merchandise building, 615 West Coliseum Boulevard is the site of this weekend's Fort Wayne show. This is Gunslingers largest show to date. There are over 600 tables. There is no question that it has a larger variety than the much smaller Muncie show.

orangeone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Indiana Simulator Systems is at the K's show in Fort Wayne. They just got in a new shooting simulator that is attracting lots of interest. One of their "shooting packages" is 25 shots at the target for $3.00. They have other shooting packages available as well. Everyone who purchases one of their "shooting" packages is entered into a drawing for one of three pairs of FREE TICKETS to the HOCKEY GAME in Fort Wayne. The drawing will be held at the end of the show on Sunday.

orangeone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Ft wayne was Packed and everything is OVERPRICED!
    PGRChaplain, I don't know what time you were at the Fort Wayne 500 show, but even though there has been a steady crowd, it was never so crowded that people couldn't get to the tables to see the merchandise. The aisles are very wide and allow for easy maneuvering throughout the show. As for the prices, we've seen lots of merchandise go out the doors, so apparently others felt the prices were affordable.

The biscuits and gravy at the Gunslinger shows are delicious for those who stop by in the morning.

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    The Fort Wayne show was terrible beyond words.

$75 for a 525 brick of 22
    Tula 223 or 7.62x39 was $15-20 a box.
    $1,595 for a case of 5.56 (brass)
    $1,250 for an unconverted Saiga
    Lowest SKS I found was a beat Norinco at $450, most Yugos were 500+ and Russians climbed up to $800.
    That horrible Iranian 308 was $15 a box
    $70 for WWB 9mm (100)

I bought honey roasted almonds, a Potawatomi Longriflemen patch, a shirt, some batteries and a guy gave me a 5.45 empty wooden crate (i use them as garden flower planters).

FW500... sucks an egg.

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    Indiana Simulator Systems is at the K's show in Fort Wayne. They just got in a new shooting simulator that is attracting lots of interest. One of their "shooting packages" is 25 shots at the target for $3.00. They have other shooting packages available as well. Everyone who purchases one of their "shooting" packages is entered into a drawing for one of three pairs of FREE TICKETS to the HOCKEY GAME in Fort Wayne. The drawing will be held at the end of the show on Sunday.

I did that too! It is based off of the old FATS. Very cool.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    Muncie show was steady crowd all day. $45 brick up to $80 bricks but the $45 bricks sold out quick. Only a few Mosin deals to be had but a ok selection. Ammo was short supply. Still plenty of deals. Saw a few 223's going for .60 a round which is better than just a month ago!

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    fort wayne show is ok. People saying something about prices well your not going to any other show and finding any better JMO. There are deals to be had but as said before 60 dollar bricks and up of 22lr is stupid but they are selling so someone is paying. I sugest if you go hagle with them a little. Got a ar case for 30bucks he had marked for 50bucks. And there are guys walking around with 223/556 win,fed,tula ammo for 15 bucks and up but willing to work with you if u buy alot. Good luck where ever u go hope u get a deal.

INDSIM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Thanks for the kind words Tom and we are glad that you enjoyed yourself on the simulator! Did you do any live scenarios or just the shooting courses?

Our simulator system is the newest model out, with a debute in January of this year.

If you've ever used the old F.A.T.S. system, you remember the pack that we had to wear on our belt for the recoil? How did our wireless weapons do compared to the old tethered style?

INDSIM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Central Indiana
    We were at the Fort Wayne Show this weekend with our firearms training simulator that was hosted by Gunslinger. I have set up tables with surplus in the past and this show was bigger then last time I was there! I don't know how anyone can say a gunslingers show is getting smaller, it seems to me their growing!

Rudy, Charlotte and everyone thats a part of Gunslinger does a superb job!!

If someone says that the gunslinger show in Ft. Wayne isn't growing, is dying out or whatever the case may be, they're mistaken!

fro65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    South of Ft. Wayne
    Fort Wayne wasn't anything great this weekend but it beat sitting home bored. I imagine it's like everywhere else. It's hard for vendors to have much of a selection when they can't get it themselves. However, if you were looking for candy, jewelry or beauty products, you were probably a happy camper.:dunno:

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Unfortunately this is a strange time for gunshows and I'm not sure these shows are worth attending until there is some normalcy with supply and prices. The 1500 last week was dull and there was very little that wasn't over priced or black and evil.

Top Bottom