• ...and so much more!
  • Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    The year my Pa left us, I went up to our cabin hunting by myself. It was the first time I had been there alone. For whatever reason, I couldn't sit in my blind anymore so I got out to just stand next to it. I looked up and two eagles flew by side by side, right over the trees. Over the pond the one on the right peeled off and made a big loop, joining the other bird that had stayed his course. I said "Love you, dad." and walked back to the cabin. We will all join up someday.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    While I do not believe these kind of things literally, I think when we are grieving we subconsciously link things we see, "signs" with the feelings we are experiencing. It helps us understand and process what we are going through and and it brings comfort.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    This may sound weird ( not to me and my wife), but today a Robin keeps flying into our back deck doors, she/ he has been doing it all day. I think it’s my wife’s son, my stepson telling us it’s ok, he’s fine. Do y’all believe such things?
    Yeah, I believe in that and have it happen as well. Right after my daughter passed, it was December, really cold. I pulled in to the gas station we frequent and wife got out and went inside. There was nothing on the ground outside her door. She came back out and said to me, "Where did this come from?" she bent over and held up a fresh pink rose, no stem...just the flower. We still have it.

The day my daughter passed, I was on a roof that morning. Sunny day, out of no where about 8 am it began to rain, just a real quick shower....not a cloud in the sky. Later that day we learned she had passed between 7-8 am......I often wonder if it was tears from heaven.

One last story, and sorry for being long winded. At my daughters funeral, as our preacher spoke...the lights went out and came back on, then flickered a couple of times. This is on video. We asked the funeral director, who is a friend....if that ever happened before? They said never. We figured just one of them things.....but, always a but. Since then.....it happens frequently to us. Many, many times this has happened. Usually when people are asking us about our daughter. One example of many I could give. My wifes Aunt stopped by to visit us, sitting on the couch and she meant to ask how our other daughter was doing, and said Michellle's name instead. My desk lamp light flashed like 2 or 3 times. My wife and I started laughing and told the Aunt why.....to this day, 4-5 months later the bulb is fine and it has not flickered since then. So weird.

Anyhow......sorry to ramble so much. Hope you and your wife are doing ok.

Top Bottom