• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    On November 7th, MPS will be holding their all day Survival 101 course just south of Bluffton. In this day long class (0900-1500) the student will get hands on experience, actually doing the work, building shelter, making fire, setting snares, treating an injured victim under austere conditions, working a signals plan, using navigational aids, survival tools, weapons, and gear. To sign up, visit AGS Armament | MPS Survival 101 add a spot in the class to your cart, and we'll put you in touch with WETSU himself for final details on the class.

Areas that will be covered include:

-Survival Priorities
    -Survival Planning
    -Heat, Cold, Water injuries
    -Wilderness 1st aid and trauma care
    -Shelter
    -Fire
    -Food and water procurement
    -Signals
    -Land Navigation basics
    -How Search and Rescue works
    -Staying lost or Evasion and Escape
    -Bug Out Bags, Gear discussion, equipment demo
    -Q&A

Students are encouraged to bring a Bug Out Bag (BoB) if they have one. This will give them the opportunity to use their gear in the field under realistic conditions. This is not required. You can show up with nothing but the clothes on your back and you will leave with hard skills and a boatload of confidence.

Class size will be capped at 12 students and fills up fast.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've attended this class twice before and wife willing, I'll attend this one again. I can't recommend it enough. Get outdoors and test yourself. Test all the precious pieces of brand new gear in your packs that we don't often take the time to carry. Both times I've taken this I've walked away impressed. It's changed my mindset, it's changed my load out of gear.

Top Bottom