• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I was watching 16 blocks, with Bruce Willis. He shoots a perp trying to break into his car. They show several scenes close up of Bruce with his glock. The first shot is a FTE and takes the glock out of battery. They focused on that failure for so long that I though it was a legit part of the movie, I kept wanting to scream "clear it dumbass" but no the next scene his glock is all fine and dandy no more stovepipe without him ever clearing it.

Have to agree with you on this one. Just thinking about that scene makes my butt-hole pucker!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Hi. New to the forums. OMG that is one of my pet peeves. Just snaps my suspension of disbelief and the movie is ruined from that point on. The remake of Planet of the Apesthad a scene where a Taurus (presumably a PT92) magically changes into a Tek-9. I guess Tim Burton figured, "hey, they're both silver. Who's gonna notice." :) The last movie that did it to me was Blood: The Last Vampire where they were running around with Beretta 92s in the late 60s, about 5 years before they were designed!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have a question for any LEOs reading this thread.

Do you usually carry w/o one in the chamber? Because it seems like every cop show on TV has at one time or another shown an Officer drawing their weapon from the holster, then racking it, when confronted with a bad guy.

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    I hate movies that have the sound effects like metal when ever someone moves a gun or picks one up. I also hate the fake recoil on guns in movies (or lack of recoil) when someone shoots as well as when a guy shoots somebody and the guy who got shot flies back about 6 feet or more. It drives me nuts too when they cock a gun with no hammer or cock it again a few minutes later, or cock a gun with no hammer, or when a guy loads a rifle and it makes the same sound as when someone racks a shell into a pump shotgun. I wonder why Hollywood ignores all the gun stuff when they go through so much trouble to make their sets perfect or get their history or facts on their story line true and then they just let the gun things go with no care whatsoever. It's annoying as hell.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    I watched Dirty Harry in Magnum Force the other night, noticed the bg had a silenced .357 mag. I think if a movie wants to have a silenced revolver at least find one of those nagant revolvers that can actually have a suppressor attached.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    What about that suppressed shotty in "No country for old men?" For ****s I googled "silenced 12 gauge" and what came up was SIGNIFICANTLY different than his. Most of them didn't look as cool though.

I like when the actors are obviously just pretending to shoot and "acting" the muzzle rise. Then they go back and add the muzzle flash digitally. So much trouble just so your pretty boy actor doesn't get his ears hurt. I'm sure it's more expensive and less realistic than the real thing.

The sound effects with guns are bad, but not as bad as those in car chase shows. Worlds scariest police chases, you get the drift. Tires squealing from a 10 mph turn, deafening crunch from an impact at 5mph. I can't stand them anymore... I only watch COPS

civilwar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Scipio
    I noticed that and also later in the movie when they are out shooting, SJP character shoot the rifle without placing the stock against her shoulder. I am not sure if they intended to do that to show her lack of firearm knowledge or not. Either way she somehow hit the can shooting like that.

Noticed the same thing and thought to myself she will either get a face full of rifle or drop it.

Top Bottom