• ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Hello everyone, would a pic mount for a carry handle for the ar15 along with a low profile mount for the Romeo 5 be all I need to mount it directly to a carry handle and could I also still use my iron sights if I wanted?

I could mount it to the flatop itself without the carry handle.... but I like the retro look while also liking the idea on swapping back and forth to a LMT style a2 only rear sight when not using the carry handle/Romeo 5. Thanks

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Romeo 5 uses the Aimpoint Micro T1/T2 footprint, right? Skip the pic rail and go direct mount with something like this:

I wasn't aware the Romeo could accept Aimpoint parts, I am interested in it.

So to be clear could I just remove my Romeo 5 from it's current mount to install on this mount which will then mount directly to the carry handle?

Can I also assume the hole beneath the mount is to be able to see the factory iron sights?

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I wasn't aware the Romeo could accept Aimpoint parts, I am interested in it.

So to be clear could I just remove my Romeo 5 from it's current mount to install on this mount which will then mount directly to the carry handle?

Can I also assume the hole beneath the mount is to be able to see the factory iron sights?
    Yep. I don't have a Romeo 5 but Google says it has that same Aimpoint 4-bolt footprint. So you can unbolt the existing picatinny rail mount and bolt on any other mount of your choice.

Not sure it's any lower than a picatinny carry handle mount, since it has to clear the sights, but it will be lighter since it's not a full length rail.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    Hello everyone, would a pic mount for a carry handle for the ar15 along with a low profile mount for the Romeo 5 be all I need to mount it directly to a carry handle and could I also still use my iron sights if I wanted?

I could mount it to the flatop itself without the carry handle.... but I like the retro look while also liking the idea on swapping back and forth to a LMT style a2 only rear sight when not using the carry handle/Romeo 5. Thanks
    You can mount it to the carry handle, or use a goose neck.

I have a Leupold pic rail mount that I use for carry handles. It has a pass through hole so you can still use the irons. Or you could mount it on a goose neck. See the pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20231122_204110_560.jpg
      IMG_20231122_204110_560.jpg
      749.2 KB · Views: 12
    • 20231016_145613.jpg
      20231016_145613.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 12

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    You can mount it to the carry handle, or use a goose neck.

I have a Leupold pic rail mount that I use for carry handles. It has a pass through hole so you can still use the irons. Or you could mount it on a goose neck. See the pics attached.
    I really like the look of the first pic. Reminds me of the carbines in Blood Diamond.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    KE Arms sent out an email today that their carry handle direct mounts are back in stock. Fish around for a code and you can probably grab one for about $60, if you don't want to buy chinesium.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    KE Arms sent out an email today that their carry handle direct mounts are back in stock. Fish around for a code and you can probably grab one for about $60, if you don't want to buy chinesium.
    Thanks for letting me know, I am most def not interested in chi com. Just bought a m9 bayonet clone from there and it doesn't fit right.

Top Bottom