• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Hey everyone, just thought I’d let everyone know that mountain house is having an insane sale on their #10 cans of food selling them for 50% off during September since it’s national preparedness month apparently. They have their individual serving packets for 30% off as well all with free shipping.

They also take PayPal credit if you have that so you can do the 6 months same as cash which is what I did.

Just thought I’d post this bonkers deal for anyone interested. I spent a pretty penny but it felt a lot better than spending literally twice as much as it normally costs.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Bumping once so more people can see this before it’s over. They certainly don’t move too quickly, took a week to the day for my order to ship but for half off and free shipping I won’t complain too much. Good long term storage option for a more affordable reasonable price. With the way meat prices are going and seemingly the hard push to cut meat sales to plebs like us, it may be good to have a little stored away to enjoy in the future.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Have a huge cache of Mountain House. Been prepping since 2010. Sampled some of our supplies a year ago. Simple put, amazing quality and flavor.
    Mountain House is a must have for any prepper.
    I’ve got a small stash now. Hope to be able to build it over time. I first tried out their chili Mac and was quite happy with it.

Hopefully some people saw this and took advantage of it. 50% off is just mind blowing to me. Makes it almost the same price as regular canned food these days, except it last 30+ years.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Heads up! I just looked at their site and they still have 1/2 price offers on a few of their more popular items. I have no idea how long the deal will last, so if you are thinking about doing some stocking up, I wouldn't wait to long.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Thanks for the heads-up. Just bought some for my in-laws Christmas. They have not the inclination or area to grow their own food plot even tho they are worried about the ability to have food in the future. It's up to me to keep them alive since they won't own a b•b gun let alone an actual firearm. The only exception is my brother-inlaw. I actually have him canning and rotating his commercial metal canned food in a first in / first out basis. I've bought many hard bound books for survival for his library every year as well as things like the survival yo-yo, water purification products that don't rely on chemicals, etc. This past spring I drove down to his place in Louisville and made 4) 3 tier 165ga rain water storage areas coming off his downspouts using my pocket MIG welder. I spray painted all the metal with long term Krylon rust resistant lacquer.

Last edited:

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    I ordered 3 #10 cans. Beef, Chicken and Sausage. Out for delivery today (Friday).
    Protein is essential. Most of the prepper supply (long term survival) companies are carb heavy. Most of their supplies you could buy at a store and make your own using seal a meal bags and oxygen scrubbers/absorbers.
    Protein at 50% off, especially Mountain House is greatly appreciated.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    I ordered 3 #10 cans. Beef, Chicken and Sausage. Out for delivery today (Friday).
    Protein is essential. Most of the prepper supply (long term survival) companies are carb heavy. Most of their supplies you could buy at a store and make your own using seal a meal bags and oxygen scrubbers/absorbers.
    Absolutely agree. Wish I hadn’t gone so overboard on the complete meals instead of just proteins. Only got 8 cans of pure meat out of iirc 20 cans.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Thanks for the heads-up. Just bought some for my in-laws Christmas. They have not the inclination or area to grow their own food plot even tho they are worried about the ability to have food in the future. It's up to me to keep them alive since they won't own a b•b gun let alone an actual firearm. The only exception is my brother-inlaw. I actually have him canning and rotating his commercial metal canned food in a first in / first out basis. I've bought many hard bound books for survival for his library every year as well as things like the survival yo-yo, water purification products that don't rely on chemicals, etc. This past spring I drove down to his place in Louisville and made 4) 3 tier 165ga rain water storage areas coming off his downspouts using my pocket MIG welder. I spray painted all the metal with long term Krylon rust resistant lacquer.
    Geeze I need an inlaw like you! It’s like pulling teeth even stocking up for my family/household.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    This is especially important if anyone in your family is diabetic. I have noticed this too about the meals. It's fine if you are using it for camping along your hike but if you are hunkered down in a shelter that's not gonna be great.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I went ahead and got in on some cans, and a vacuum sealer to subdivide. I bought a couple of HDR cases as my last grab n go food prep and they're... okay. Not quite halfway through them now. The snacks are good but the entrees are kinda crap. Throwing some MH in the mix will brighten things up.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I went ahead and got in on some cans, and a vacuum sealer to subdivide. I bought a couple of HDR cases as my last grab n go food prep and they're... okay. Not quite halfway through them now. The snacks are good but the entrees are kinda crap. Throwing some MH in the mix will brighten things up.
    What is HDR? Another food prep brand?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm not sure how good of a sale that really is on some of that stuff. Please correct me if I am wrong.

At least on the single serving packets, the Walmart price isnt much higher than their sale price as I recall. you're really only saving a buck or two if my memory serves.

Still a decent deal, they are just appear to be using Kohl's pricing model. (list it MSRP on the tag and then list a lower everyday price like its a deal. )

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I told my wife I ordered a bunch more Mountain House on this sale. She kind of rolled her eyes like, Why?

Like I told her before, even if S never HTF at least if we lose our jobs or I get old this stuff expires about the same time I would. So we wouldn’t have to eat cat food.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Be sure to check Costco.com too, I bought a 6 pack of #10 diced chicken cans a few weeks ago for $150 that works out to $25 per can. They are $36 on Mountain House. They also had had the 15 pouch 4 day survival packs for $69, haven’t seen them that cheap since before the pandemic.

Top Bottom