• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Appricate the feedback, I just noticed trailforks has a poor rating, could just be from competition trying to shut them down
    I do like creating a route on the computer then transferring it to my garmin bike GPS. I will say the app can be finicky. I paid for pro and there have been times when I am logged in that it wants me to upgrade to pro.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Bike is a 2019 xcaliber 9 29er. I am convincing myself Its time for a dropper seat post. Local bike places have little interest in me unless they install it. Frame is set up for it. I want reliable with no constant fiddling and bike gets rained on during the summer while on carrier.. What can you guys tell me about them, or any links that would help me choose?

Its crazy 3rd ride of the year today going to be upper 50's

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My post got wiped, but before I head out on a ride, I'll put in my experiences.

I have a 2019 Honzo came equipped with a Rockshox Reverb. Avoid that one. It needs serviced and online reviews make it look not worth it. Good forks, not so much with the dropper post.

I have a fatbike that arrived in November it is equipped with an LEV brand dropper. I'm not sure the model, but I think it definitely is built better. We'll see how long it lasts.

I have a ss lightweight build in progress so I have yet to use this one, but it seems good for what I want.

Fox has good droppers, but I only have experience with their forks.

One up is another brand I might try when I replace the Reverb.

takereasy

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Bike is a 2019 xcaliber 9 29er. I am convincing myself Its time for a dropper seat post. Local bike places have little interest in me unless they install it. Frame is set up for it. I want reliable with no constant fiddling and bike gets rained on during the summer while on carrier.. What can you guys tell me about them, or any links that would help me choose?

Its crazy 3rd ride of the year today going to be upper 50's
    I have a PNW Rainier Gen 3 that I have been happy with. I have only had it about 6 months but it has worked great. I have also heard good things about OneUp. Reading multiple reviews I would stay away from Fox dropper post. Sad because I love their forks and shocks.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    My post got wiped, but before I head out on a ride, I'll put in my experiences.

I have a 2019 Honzo came equipped with a Rockshox Reverb. Avoid that one. It needs serviced and online reviews make it look not worth it. Good forks, not so much with the dropper post.

I have a fatbike that arrived in November it is equipped with an LEV brand dropper. I'm not sure the model, but I think it definitely is built better. We'll see how long it lasts.

I have a ss lightweight build in progress so I have yet to use this one, but it seems good for what I want.

Fox has good droppers, but I only have experience with their forks.

One up is another brand I might try when I replace the Reverb.

takereasy
    What Fatbike did you get? The dropper you mentioned, tranzx, came on my Trek Farley fatbike I bought last Fall and seems to be working well. TranzX JD-YSP18, 120mm travel, internal routing, 31.6mm, 403mm length on a Medium frame

Trail report is that I made it to Brown County park yesterday and rode the Limekiln East and West. Enjoyed that and will be back for more eventually.

Also this year I rode the Easy A trail at Fay Pickering memorial park, which is part of Mill creek park in Marshall, IL. This trail flowed well and was quite enjoyable. I've hiked some intermediate level trails there and plan to bike them soon. They have some youth bike racing events there on occasion but otherwise not crowded.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My tranzx is a non wired mechanical dropper. It has a lever under the seat so you obviously have to plan waaaay ahead before you take a hand off the bars. So far it works as I'd hoped. It's a really good alternative to an electric wireless (which I'm not really into).

My fatbike (Borealis) came with a LEV KS Integra - which I've broken already! It was kinda my fault and kinda the cheap material of the toggle on the bottom of the post. Part is on its way, but was out of stock lots of regular places online. I'm thinking I'm not the only one who has broken that part.

Would like to have never had a dropper but it's too late now. Can't really ride without it and not think about wanting it working.

Top Bottom