Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Caught a fun little show today...

"White knuckle the story of the motorcycle cannonball"

It's the story of the endurance race across the country involving bikes from mid 19 teens and earlier.

It's kind of like shooting black powder wheel guns from the mid 1800s Very cool and gives appreciation for how far engineering has come...as well as how much those early guys did with what they had.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    An old Indian Scout. We’re not close but worked together in the same corp and talked bikes before. I know a lot of the parts had to be machined new. Hobbyist mechanic whom had rebuilt an old Lotus and Nash Metropolitan.

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Daytona Bike Week..... my first time. :rockwoot:

I did not see Main Street. I did not see the beach. Spent 4 days at the track for the MotoAmerica races and the Daytona 200. I traveled with Hayden Gullim's ( 2023 King of the Baggers and Stock 1000 champion.) grandfather and other long time riding buddies.

Day 1 Thursday. Practice and qualifying
    Hayden's GSXR750 Daytona 200 bike between sessions.

Daytona 200..jpg
    Hayden's Vance & Hines Bagger
    V&H Bagger..jpg
    Screenshot_20240312-145458_Gallery.jpg
    Third Place Daytona 200!
    3rd..jpg

After the 200 Dunlop asked Hayden and 2 others if they would do a tire test on Sunday. Hell yes was the answer! He rode several sessions on the 750 then was turned loose on his new 2024 CBR1000. We got the first look of it Sunday morning and I must say it is impressive. The CBR still had OEM body work, lights and Hayden rode it with the key fob tied to it. Some suspension work, tune and a pipe. Made 207hp at the rear wheel.

CBR1000..jpg
    Look closely and you can see the OEM headlights.
    stock body..jpg
    Our seats for the tire test were right on Daytona's pit wall.
    pit wall..jpg

The CBR at 190+ across the finish line. Best mph of the test was 194.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Daytona Bike Week..... my first time. :rockwoot:

I did not see Main Street. I did not see the beach. Spent 4 days at the track for the MotoAmerica races and the Daytona 200. I traveled with Hayden Gullim's ( 2023 King of the Baggers and Stock 1000 champion.) grandfather and other long time riding buddies.

Day 1 Thursday. Practice and qualifying
    Hayden's GSXR750 Daytona 200 bike between sessions.

View attachment 339538
    Hayden's Vance & Hines Bagger
    View attachment 339539
    View attachment 339541
    Third Place Daytona 200!
    View attachment 339542

After the 200 Dunlop asked Hayden and 2 others if they would do a tire test on Sunday. Hell yes was the answer! He rode several sessions on the 750 then was turned loose on his new 2024 CBR1000. We got the first look of it Sunday morning and I must say it is impressive. The CBR still had OEM body work, lights and Hayden rode it with the key fob tied to it. Some suspension work, tune and a pipe. Made 207hp at the rear wheel.

View attachment 339544
    Look closely and you can see the OEM headlights.
    View attachment 339545
    Our seats for the tire test were right on Daytona's pit wall.
    View attachment 339548

The CBR at 190+ across the finish line. Best mph of the test was 194.

Used to do this stuff... just appreciate a little cruiser most of all these days.

I was nowhere near a speed like that though... 157 was my A.

Got me a C+

LOL!

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    More from Daytona.
    When Hayden went to pick up the CBR1000RR at a dealership near Nashville he was told he would need something to ride for training. They loaded up 2 CRF450R's ....... must be nice. :rockwoot:

450s..jpg

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    And some more!

The Dunlop rear on the CBR was good for about 6 laps. Hayden did 7 once and the tire came apart. Remember 190mph +. Dunlop engineers barely let the bike stop in the pits before they snatched the tire up and off they went. For Hayden's work during the tire test he was gifted all the tires he had used for the weekend and a fresh set for the bikes he was riding.

Here is Hayden's crew picking chunks of the rear fender and tail light. damage..jpg

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Absolutely ****ing amazing.
    My older brother was there for a few races, he would call me and my response would be AWESOME.
    We were supposed to have tickets from Vance & Hines waiting for us at the track but after an hour of getting the run around we decided to go drink beer. :40oz:
    Our tickets for the 200 were easy to pick up along with our P1 parking passes. The dirt track people were just useless.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    We were supposed to have tickets from Vance & Hines waiting for us at the track but after an hour of getting the run around we decided to go drink beer. :40oz:
    Our tickets for the 200 were easy to pick up along with our P1 parking passes. The dirt track people were just useless.
    That's a shame, V&H's have been doing some really stupid stuff the last year or so.
    We're you trying to catch some of the bagger races lol.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    That's a shame, V&H's have been doing some really stupid stuff the last year or so.
    We're you trying to catch some of the bagger races lol.
    Hayden has rode for V&H for a while now. He did some dirt track and has been on their bagger from the start. The V&H PR guy swears the tickets were there but they couldn't find them :scratch:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Hayden has rode for V&H for a while now. He did some dirt track and has been on their bagger from the start. The V&H PR guy swears the tickets were there but they couldn't find them :scratch:
    My brother loves watching the baggers run. Thats a shame your tickets couldn't be found.
    Hayden? Is he in the middle of the engine building bs going on?

Speaking of Harleys, I put an offer on a 53 Pan that needs loads of love. I'll post a few pics later when I'm inside.

Top Bottom