• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    So I been wanting a mossberg 590a1 for awhile, but looks like they are not coming back to shelves for awhile.

Been doing some research on the shockwave with a SB brace and doesn’t seem like a bad idea. Still 5+1 and nice short barrel for home defense. I haven’t been able to shoulder one with the brace and was hoping on if you have the brace and can tell me how it feels. Like felt recoil, grip, aiming, etc.

Thanks!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Unless you're traveling over state lines with it, a tax stamp is really ideal. A light weight manually operated 12 gauge is going to be quite the ride with a shockwave brace.

Those older really ugly all rubber SB tactical braces might work out well for it.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I'd recommend some reloading drills on this style of blaster before you get too far into the weeds "for home defense"

It was an eye opening experience for me. I learned that I would prefer a revolver & speed-strip over a shotgun.
    That's how slow it was to reload for multiple targets...

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    Unless you're traveling over state lines with it, a tax stamp is really ideal. A light weight manually operated 12 gauge is going to be quite the ride with a shockwave brace.

Those older really ugly all rubber SB tactical braces might work out well for it.
    Ya maybe I’ll stick with a 590 lol

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    There is very few differences between a 590 and a1. Chief among them metal trigger housing, but like I said rumor mill is saying those went the way of plastic on new produced a1s.

There was a shortage of them long long before all this current lack of crap started so im not surprised if it's true.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    True but that’s tax stamp plus a stock and the ATF involvement
    Unless you buy the brace from a private party, the ATF would have your name from the vendor your ordered if they wanted it. See the stories of people getting standard ATF letters saying basically "You might be doing something illegal?" Where do you think they got the names and addresses for those?

Privacy is dead.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    A good shockwave brace is like $150. You might as well just pay the $200 for the stamp and put a real stock on it.
    I like my shockwave as it is (with raptor grip tape), serves a purpose in its current configuration
    $200 bucks is cheap for a get out of jail free card. I bought one and paid the $200 for a stock. Really handy piece.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    There is very few differences between a 590 and a1. Chief among them metal trigger housing, but like I said rumor mill is saying those went the way of plastic on new produced a1s.

There was a shortage of them long long before all this current lack of crap started so im not surprised if it's true.

The A1 also has a heavy barrel. And it is quite heavy.

That's reason enough alone to avoid them. I have one and I wish I'd have gotten a standard 590. The metal trigger guard isn't much of a bonus because thin cast aluminium like that isn't going to be as durable as polymer.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    The OpSol mini clip is only $15 (worth every penny) but mini shells are harder to find and way up in price. I'm down to ~140-150 mini aguila buckshot and slugs so I haven't taken the shockwave out to play much recently...
    I haven't looked recently, but a range local to me used to have a few mini shells on the shelf. Bird shot and buck shot I think. You're right, they were very expensive for what you got. I think now the problem is there are so few people making them. Aquila comes to mind, the company that lost a few tons of ammo to the cartels.

Top Bottom