• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glock27

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I've got a mossberg 802 bolt gun. Just got it back from having the barrel threaded and put a scope and bipod on it. Looking to see how I can get a better cheek weld. It seems pretty low when using the scope.
    I also seemed to have broken a small pin that holds the bolt housing into the bolt body assembly. Nothing keeping the 2 pieces together now. I tried using a punch to get the pin out but the punch bent in half after several hard strikes with no movement in the pin. I emailed Mossberg about a week ago and I've not heard anything.
    Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      109.5 KB · Views: 9
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      70.2 KB · Views: 15
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      86.5 KB · Views: 8

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    I can't help you with the pin, but as far as the cheek weld goes, I made a cheek piece out of kydex for my son's Rem 597. Works great. It is similar to this:
    Karsten?s Custom Camo

It was my first time working with kydex. Pretty easy to do with just some basic tools. The hardest part (for me) was cutting the slots to make it adjustable. I did not use the knobs that they did, I used sex bolts (Sex bolt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Good luck.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    If you want a nice cheek weld, then red4639 did a great job... if you are simply looking for a cheek weld and are only concerned with function... just tape some foam to the stock and carve into the shape and height you want.

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    If you want a nice cheek weld, then red4639 did a great job... if you are simply looking for a cheek weld and are only concerned with function... just tape some foam to the stock and carve into the shape and height you want.

We had to add some foam to my rifle at an Appleseed recently and it works fine (shot a Rifleman score... woo hoo!). Just don't use duct tape.... took forever to get that sticky crap off of my stock... I thought I was good to go or I would have made a cheek piece for mine as well as my son's before the shoot.

As far as materials go, I just ordered a couple of 12" x 12" sheets of .093 from Amazon. I figured I would have an extra sheet in case I screwed one up. I'm not sure if it is the best thickness to use, but it worked fine for what I was trying to accomplish.

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    When I had a technical question about a 702 part, I called customer service on the phone and was transferred to a technical person in Texas who answered my questions in one phone call. I'm not sure if it would be the same department but it could be since he knew everything about the part.

glock27

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I called them. They told me that I had to send the bolt assembly in and that I was not able to purchase a new one without them having my old one :-/
    i just don't get it...

glock27

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Update. I got my bolt back in the mail yesterday. They put a new tab inside the bolt housing and shipped it back to me. No paperwork or charge. Pretty cool I must say
    image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      54.8 KB · Views: 0
    Top Bottom