Morgan County Sportsmen, I need help (free venison for the needy)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    A farmer friend of mine in Morgan County has asked me to help with his deer problem. He was a little late getting on the depredation tags, but he finally got them. I have until September 15 to fill his tags. I am the only shooter on the them (so no, you can't go hunting with me). I've talked with the state biologist to make sure my plan is legal and to ensure everything is done properly.

I'm hoping to find a few sportsmen in Morgan county that I can call on short notice to come pick up a deer (or two or three). If that sportsman is personally in need, them I'm fine with them keeping the deer. Otherwise, that sportsman will need to process the deer and then pass the meat on to someone they know that is in need. I have a depredation license with my name on it that allows me to take the deer, but then I must fill out a possession tag for whoever will have possession of the carcass until it is processed.

What I hope to have happen is gather a list of names and numbers to text the moment I shoot a deer. The first person to respond that he/she can come get it, gets the address of the farm. We'll fill out the possession tag when you get there and then the deer is yours. You'll likely be responsible for field dressing and dragging it out (no atv's or trucks in the field, so you may wanna bring a helper). This in NO WAY gives you access to the farm for hunting this fall. It has taken me a couple years to get the farmer's trust, I don't wanna bring a bunch of trespassers onto his property.

Anyhow, it's free venison for you or someone you know that is in need. If you are interested in being on my contact list, send me a PM with your first name and cell phone number. If you have general questions, feel free to post to the thread. Btw, I will likely be hunting every weekend until 9/15 (plus Labor Day and 9/13).

Top Bottom