• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I've got a P320 Compact in 9mm that really works for me and was looking for anyone who already liked that model (or the Carry) who has also had a chance to fire it in .40 or .45 to get their take on the other caliber(s). I'm wondering if the ergonomics work with the bigger rounds as far as recoil, aiming experience (the 9 feels very natural to me) and just generally how they compare. The reason I'm asking is because I'm thinking I should branch out in case of ammo issues in the future and I already like the platform. I've also got my holster broken in to where I like it and it appears that it should fit another Compact or Carry model just fine (since none of them are ordered based on the caliber of the 320 that I've seen).

Thanks!

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Haven't shot the 40 or 45 but I have two compacts and a subcompact in 9mm and I really like the platform. I have already pre-warned the wifey that the day I see a 45 in the case I am buying it on the spot.

I do believe the frames on the 45's are different than the 9/40/357 models. I don't know if that translates to different holsters, however.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I own two of the 320s in 9mm the compact and the carry both are awesome shooters. The 45 gets good reviews on You Tube etc. and will be on the soon to purchase list!psyko

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Been fortunate to have shot them all in their various cailbers and configurations. Having said that, to me, the P320 just seemed to be made for the 9mm. Not that it wasn't fine in the other calibers, but something about that Compact model in 9mm! So I am a bit partial to 9mm due to the number of them I own...so I acknowledge my own bias...but I love that P320 Compact 9mm. And I DO love a solid .45 platform, lest you think I am just turning up my nose. When I can lay my hands on a P320 in .45 will I "pull the trigger"? Um...yep...but no way it replaces my 9mm.

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    I own a P320 Compact in .357SIG, in the Flat Dark Earth color. I love it, very smooth shooter even with the kick the 357SIG caliber delivers. The P320 is not my EDC but could be if I trained more with it. I enjoy shooting it.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Thanks for the feedback.

Magnum314 - I'm not looking to replace so much as expand, but it is good to hear that the other calibers were good but just didn't hold up to your love of the 9. :D

Top Bottom