Fort Wayne

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Everything is being turned woke and it's turning off audiences except the idiotic fringe groups it "represents", which isn't enough for the films and comics to make a profit. The new Marvel road map is full of this garbage. They're already starting to see a loss of profit and it'll only get worse before they abandon their agenda. No one wants this crap, except a extremely small minority.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    We're talking about Disney, woke central.

Although I am told the latest Spiderman was pretty woke free.

It wasn't beat you over the head woke like most recent Disney films. Due to that I enjoyed it more than I would have say 10 years ago. They've screwed up everything they've touched lately. Star Wars is dead from a movie perspective, no one wants to see woke Marvel universe. I wonder how much money they have to bleed before they start making entertainment people want to watch again? :dunno:

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I tried to watch The Eternals. It was awful. I went to Rotten Tomatoes to see how it was doing. The only positive part that anyone can point out about the movies is the diversity and its implied or stated that people who review it negatively are simply reacting to the diversity (racism). What a cop out.

The movie simply wasn't compelling in ANY way. A diverse movie can be great but you can't take a blah movie and make it great by adding diversity. Then when it gets negative user reviews, you just explain it away with racism? So disappointing.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I don't care for it necessarily but it also doesn't bother me...but I also don't take in much in the way of movies just because of time. I feel like it obviously either isn't hurting their profits or is actually helping though because I can't imagine they'd do it otherwise.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don't care for it necessarily but it also doesn't bother me...but I also don't take in much in the way of movies just because of time. I feel like it obviously either isn't hurting their profits or is actually helping though because I can't imagine they'd do it otherwise.
    You think that it helped the Star Wars movies? You think it was well received by the fans?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I tried to watch The Eternals. It was awful. I went to Rotten Tomatoes to see how it was doing. The only positive part that anyone can point out about the movies is the diversity and its implied or stated that people who review it negatively are simply reacting to the diversity (racism). What a cop out.

The movie simply wasn't compelling in ANY way. A diverse movie can be great but you can't take a blah movie and make it great by adding diversity. Then when it gets negative user reviews, you just explain it away with racism? So disappointing.

Eternals was a horrid plotless grind. Just boring, looked good, boring.
    Watched Blackwidow for free (Thank God) just a complete mess, it didn't need to be made, no plot.

Seems like they are throwing **** at the wall and hoping for something to stick at this point.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    You think that it helped the Star Wars movies? You think it was well received by the fans?
    I am all for diversity, but a garbage movie with diversity is still garbage.

The new star wars offerings still made money at the box office, so I am pretty sure they call it a win. I think it did poorly with merchandising though. Disney was betting on attracting replacements for us 70s/80s kids to buy their toys and I am pretty sure it failed.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I have no idea, just saying that I find it hard to believe mega corporations would continue doing something that is harmful to the bottom line.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have no idea, just saying that I find it hard to believe mega corporations would continue doing something that is harmful to the bottom line.
    Really? I think recent history shows otherwise. Many seem to think it is more important to be socially correct than make as much money as they can.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I am all for diversity, but a garbage movie with diversity is still garbage.

The new star wars offerings still made money at the box office, so I am pretty sure they call it a win. I think it did poorly with merchandising though. Disney was betting on attracting replacements for us 70s/80s kids to buy their toys and I am pretty sure it failed.
    Diversity that occurs naturally is fine, but when it’s forced on everyone, it’s nothing but trash that will destroy everything in its path.

Lets face it/admit it, nobody is crying for diversity because they actually give a ****, they’re pushing it because they know they’ll be attacked by the woke mob if they don’t. It’s beyond ridiculous at this point.

Truth45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 1, 2022
    NWI
    Top Bottom