• ...and so much more!
  • MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I bought a few small-ish Moras for each of my camp cooking kits. People really seem to like them and they're cheap enough I won't cry if I lose one (bought red ones to help prevent that!). And a really small one for craft carving work. Hopefully I'll get to use them a bunch this year.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    I want an Opinal, seem like a cool traditional french knife...SMKW has them for pretty cheap....hmmm.. Christmas is coming....
    I have a couple of opinels. They are comfy and interesting knives. I also have a Mercator K55K that I REALLY like. The k55k is super comfy in the my hand and is a good size. It’s super thin too while still having a lock open mechanism.

Attachments

• EEB9BA5C-0D84-47C3-9174-62E3DAC29A1F.jpeg
      EEB9BA5C-0D84-47C3-9174-62E3DAC29A1F.jpeg
      273.5 KB · Views: 6
    • 23EFEB3F-B214-436E-A420-31F367949B2C.jpeg
      23EFEB3F-B214-436E-A420-31F367949B2C.jpeg
      421.9 KB · Views: 6

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Here are my opinels. A number 9 (pretty comfy, could be ever so slightly longer to fit my hand perfectly. ) and a number 12 (which I thought was going to be just a little bigger, not half the way to being the size of a USMC KA-BAR lol)

Next to the k55k. The top two are both comfy and nice to use and are among my favorite folders that I own. I have (had?) more tacticool knives like a cold steel recon 1 and an Ontario RAT 1 that I can’t find to save my life. Those were good knives and heavy duty. But there is something special about these old school trational knives. They are all carbon though so as you can see, the blades like to stain with any use. Still nice and sharp though. Just less shiny.

Attachments

• 5F1F24C8-0C06-4057-A7E3-19C2962119F0.jpeg
      5F1F24C8-0C06-4057-A7E3-19C2962119F0.jpeg
      798.3 KB · Views: 11

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I saw them on sale at Midway for like $9 a piece a while back and bought a few of them to stick in our prep bags and camping tote. I replaced my usual camp knife (a Kabar) with one just to test it out. I've cleaned fish with it, squirrels, rabbits, used it as a general kitchen knife etc. Pretty impressed so far.

jdeanp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2022
    Southern IN
    I saw them on sale at Midway for like $9 a piece a while back and bought a few of them to stick in our prep bags and camping tote. I replaced my usual camp knife (a Kabar) with one just to test it out. I've cleaned fish with it, squirrels, rabbits, used it as a general kitchen knife etc. Pretty impressed so far.
    If I'd seen that sale, I would have picked up enough to stock the glove boxes, tackle boxes, tool boxes, lunch boxes, etc.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Amazon has the 3.6" blade Mora for $9.99.
    Broke the tip off of my favorite kitchen paring knife a few days ago (don't ask how. It was a stupid move on my part. I knew better the moment I did it). Sent the knife back to see if the warranty would cover "idiot customer abuse". They said yes, but it might take 30 - 60 days to get a replacement. Ok, I'm good with that. But what to do in the meantime? No problem. Got out my trusty 4" Mora and drafted it into kitchen duty. After a few meals using it to do everything from peeling and chopping veggies (goes thru whole tomatoes like, well, a hot knife thru butter) to slicing and trimming meats, I doubt it will be retired when the other paring knife gets back here. Just fits my hand better and sharper than an ex-wife's' tongue. I am finding it is an absolute pleasure to use. Any of you who cook or can convince your wife to get it a try, should try it. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Top Bottom