• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colonel_Failure

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    No what I've seen is cherry picked information that happens to fit the individual's personal beliefs. One is sourced from Green Peace for God's sake???? :laugh:

Now, from around 20 years working in the food industry I can say, food manufactures take food safety VERY SERIOUSLY. I have been in PepsiCo facilities in Pulaski, TN, Kellogg facilities in Kansas City, MO, Seelyville, IN, and Cary, NC. Lance Foods in Columbus, GA, and Burlington IA. Also several smaller private label/copacking facilities. As I stated they all take food safety seriously and Kelloggs is especially anal about it. They will NOT and I repeat NOT include in their ingredients ANYTHING that is PROVEN to be harmful for human consumption, PERIOD end of discussion. Please note I said PROVEN as that is the key here.

But if it helps one sleep at night thinking and fretting that the food industry is out to poison you, make you infertile, and only in it for the money, yadda, yadda, yadda, have at it. Thing is, you don't really know what you are talking about.

Most processed food companies do however include ingredients that are NOT PROVEN SAFE and that's one of the main problems in this country... "we think this chemical is safe for consumption even though there is some credible data that suggests it may be harmful and nevermind the fact we have no idea of the synergistic effects of combining it with other questionable ingredients." I don't think most of these companies are out to get us per se, but their methods are certainly irresponsible.

In the last 100 years we have subscribed to this idea of better living through chemistry and it's killing us.

Read me:

http://http://www.amazon.com/The-Hundred-Year-Lie-Chemicals-Destroying/dp/0452288398

Also, if you don't think that Monsanto actively participates in heinous fu*kery all the way from local farmers to the highest levels of government, then you are ignorant to the facts.

Monsanto’s Dirty Dozen | GMO Awareness

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    Saccharin, DDT, Agent Orange, PCB's, Aspartame... Foods for us with Insecticide ready genes.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsanto

I don't understand why then they wont serve GMO's in their own cafeteria.
    Eat it up Monsanto! | Greenpeace International

Sounds Innocent enough right?!

19 Studies Link GMOs to Organ Disruption —
    GMOs Linked to Organ Disruption in 19 Studies | Institute for Responsible Technology |
    Monsanto’s herbicide causing Sudden Death Syndrome in plants
    This Could Threaten the Future of Food Destroying the Entire Food Chain
    Doctors Warn – Avoid Genetically Modified Food
    Doctors Warn: Avoid Genetically Modified Food
    GM Crops Decimating Monarch Butterflie*s Habitats
    GM crops decimating monarch butterflies habitat
    Monsanto tried to block Austrian government research linking GMOs & Infertility
    Monsanto Tried to Block Austrian Government Funded Research Showing GE Corn Causes Infertility
    Syngenta corporation faces criminal charges for covering up livestock deaths from GM corn
    Syngenta corporation faces criminal charges for covering up livestock deaths from GM corn
    GMOs failing across America – Farmer to Farmer film reveals disastrous failure
    GMOs failing across America - Farmer to Farmer film reveals disastrous failure

And then the Monsanto Protection Act... Why would they need that?!

Ahhh. What does it matter? Go back to sleep guys! If the history and facts were punches you'd be missing half your faces by now.

Thanks for the information. Monsanto has been at this for a long time and they are good at it. Americans get sick and then depend on health care. It's all about control. westonaprice.org has a lot of information on how bad soy products are.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Monsanto Found Guilty of Chemical Poisoning in Landmark Case | REALfarmacy.com | Healthy News and Information

According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), exposure to alachlor can cause damage to the liver, kidneys, spleen, and eyes, and may lead to the development of anemia and even cancer. The EPA apparently views alachlor as so dangerous, in fact, that the agency has set the maximum contaminant level goals (MCLG) for alachlor to zero in order to “prevent potential health problems.”

In 2007, France officially banned Lasso from use in the country in accordance with a European Union (EU) directive enacted in 2006 prohibiting the chemical from further use on crops in any member countries. But despite all the evidence proving that alachlor can disrupt hormonal balance, induce reproductive or developmental problems, and cause cancer, the chemical is still being used on conventional crops throughout the U.S. to this very day. (Alachlor Registration)

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    I think you have a point here. Gluten allergies are a real and growing problem.

Soy is probably the biggest problem. It messes with our immune system. Monsanto has been pushing soy products for decades. Marketing lies have destroyed the health of millions of people. A weak immune system allows allergies to make millions of people miserable. The link has information about soy and other foods that are destroying lives.

http://www.westonaprice.org/

indyjack

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    ... But despite all the evidence proving that alachlor can disrupt hormonal balance, induce reproductive or developmental problems, and cause cancer, the chemical is still being used on conventional crops throughout the U.S. to this very day. (Alachlor Registration)

hormonal imbalance you say? there seem to be a lot of commercials recently about fixing that. so nothing to worry about. we'll just have to take more drugs to fix the problems our food is causing...

Top Bottom