Monroe County INGO Meet & Eat: Location Ideas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • October Meet & Eat in Bloomington: Weeknight Vs. Weekday

• Total voters
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Its sounds like we have a place and a month decided. Now, we need those who are interested to speak up about week night versus weekend. Maybe some of you savy guys might want to set up a poll, it would be easier than reading all the responses. Just a thought.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Its sounds like we have a place and a month decided. Now, we need those who are interested to speak up about week night versus weekend. Maybe some of you savy guys might want to set up a poll, it would be easier than reading all the responses. Just a thought.

Good idea, Poll added.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Also: Why the brine & squirrels thing?

Strong salt water brings out the blood and reduces the "gaminess" of the meat. I like it most for cleaning the blood out of the meat. Helps a little with the tenderness as well. In general, older male squirrels are a little tough, younger male and almost all female are not bad at all.

When I think about it, roasting squirrel on a stick over a fire doesn't sound like it would taste great, but it does seem like fun.

I might be able to make it down to Bloomington for the dinner. Depends on how things go. It is a little far for me. I'll be there in Martinsville, if the night isn't taken.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Strong salt water brings out the blood and reduces the "gaminess" of the meat. I like it most for cleaning the blood out of the meat. Helps a little with the tenderness as well. In general, older male squirrels are a little tough, younger male and almost all female are not bad at all.

When I think about it, roasting squirrel on a stick over a fire doesn't sound like it would taste great, but it does seem like fun.

I might be able to make it down to Bloomington for the dinner. Depends on how things go. It is a little far for me. I'll be there in Martinsville, if the night isn't taken.

hmm...suddenly I have this urge to go squirrel hunting

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    Meet amd Eat

I want to set up an afternoon picnic gathering for Ingo folks to meet and eat before the weather turns too cold. I have wanted to do this just as a chance to have fun and eat some good food, but also to talk over ideas like:

Monroe Co. "10/22 Hiking Club"

Monroe Co. Disaster Mutual Support Group

I want to get a place that a little bit off of the soccermom path. I could rent the picnic area at the Martinsville Conservation Club:

SCC%20club%20entrance%20open.jpg

It would be a good spot with parking and all we need, the only down side is that it is 30 minutes north of Bloomington. Each of the surrounding state parks would be an option, but they are also outside of Bloomington by 30 minutes. Anyone know of a good place at Hoosier National Forest or some other accessible but slightly private place in Bloomington?

Thanks!

Let me know when and where.:D

Stevenlong8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Monroe Co.
    Sure

Martinsville is good with me, I agree it wont be nice outside for much longer.
    Being a noob id like to meet some of the folks here. Really dont care where just when, and what to bring.:dunno:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I think we will split this up into two events. Tonight I will try and set a week night to have a dinner (Josh & I will coordinate) within the next couple of weeks and announce it ASAP. I also have sent a message to the conservation club and will schedule that as soon as I get word back from them. The first one will be on a weeknight, the second on a weekend.

I will keep this thread updated.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Ok, it is official.

Monroe County INGO Meet & Eat Dinner:

Wednesday, 15th October
    7:00 pm
    Cracker Barrel Old Country Str
    Family Restaurants: Cracker Barrel Old Country Store and Restaurant
    380 N Jacob Dr
    Bloomington, IN 47404
    (812) 323-9114

Southern Indiana INGO Meet & Eat Picnic:

Sunday, 26th October
    3:00 pm
    Martinsville Sportsman's Conservation Club
    Martinsville, IN 46151
    Martinsville Sportsman's Conservation Club |

Sorry to hold the second event the same weekend as the 1500, but it is getting cold fast out there and there are Appleseeds the weekends before and after the 1500. It is the best we can do for now.

Once the second date is finalized, I will post here again!

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    The picnic date was approved today. So both dates are now a go!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I'm going to be at the Wednesday, 15th October Cracker Barrel Old Country Store dinner. Please post a reminder the day of, for us old forgetful codgers :D

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    [Shania Twain]
    Up
    Up
    Up
    [/Shania Twain]

I'm planning in being there. Rhino are ya going to make it????

Top Bottom