• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    ok i re read my original post, and maybe i was not clear. i want to put 1911 grip plates on a tokarev. i have no intention to puting a forward grip onto a pistol. the welding is so the screw holes line up with the grip screw on the plate. just wanted to see if there are ramifications to this. if it works and i decide to do this work for sale. do i need an ffl to sell my work?
    thank you and sorry for not being clear.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    ok i re read my original post, and maybe i was not clear. i want to put 1911 grip plates on a tokarev. i have no intention to puting a forward grip onto a pistol. the welding is so the screw holes line up with the grip screw on the plate. just wanted to see if there are ramifications to this. if it works and i decide to do this work for sale. do i need an ffl to sell my work?
    thank you and sorry for not being clear.

I thought you were clear enough, it's just that this thread went off-topic a bit. I'm no expert but I don't see any problems with what you'd be doing. It doesn't alter the overall length, suppress the weapon or otherwise. You'd only be doing a cosmetic alteration.

Like I said though, I'm no expert by any means and I'd take this with a grain of salt and contact the appropriate party/parties to make sure all your ducks are in a row.

:twocents:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    You do not need any license or permission from big brother to modify your pistol as you describe. Where you would need a license, and probably a small business one from the state as well is if you decide to make more to sell, or go into the business of modifying someone else's pistol for profit.

And to fullmetaljesus, if you think the AOL law is stupid, check out Title 27 CFR 478.39, also known as 922(r) which mandates you cannot have more than 10 imported parts in a rifle that you built or modified from the way it was imported.

Top Bottom