• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tkid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2018
    Lafayette
    The story behind this 1911 is I purchased it, the bluing was not in the best condition, I had a shop in Lafayette apply cerekote to it, it looked like a brush was used to apply it on the slide, looked better before I took it to them. After much discussion with them, they agreed that the job was not good and did not charge me the whole amount, the frame was good, but the slide was awful looking. I saw Rex's work on Seecamps, and decided to give him a try, was not going to give the other shop a second chance. He removed the old cerekote and re-applied a new coat. Will attempt to get pics up in the next day or two. As far as cerekot services, I have not had the best luck, another place had an AR of mine for nearly 3 months, they promised a 3 week turn around, and when I got it back there was a thumb print in the side frame, and a nick in the coating when they installed the bolt release pin. Is there anyone in this state that does cerekote for a reasonable price? I have had 3 bad experiences at 3 different places in this state.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    The story behind this 1911 is I purchased it, the bluing was not in the best condition, I had a shop in Lafayette apply cerekote to it, it looked like a brush was used to apply it on the slide, looked better before I took it to them. After much discussion with them, they agreed that the job was not good and did not charge me the whole amount, the frame was good, but the slide was awful looking. I saw Rex's work on Seecamps, and decided to give him a try, was not going to give the other shop a second chance. He removed the old cerekote and re-applied a new coat. Will attempt to get pics up in the next day or two. As far as cerekot services, I have not had the best luck, another place had an AR of mine for nearly 3 months, they promised a 3 week turn around, and when I got it back there was a thumb print in the side frame, and a nick in the coating when they installed the bolt release pin. Is there anyone in this state that does cerekote for a reasonable price? I have had 3 bad experiences at 3 different places in this state.

AllenM on here does good work. I have an AR he coated. I've also seen work from a guy outside of Rushville that is solid, but there was a dogpile on here about training he was offering so he does not post here. I'm sure if you search cerakote Milroy you'll find him on the googs. His turn around for cerakote is rapid.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    AllenM on here does good work. I have an AR he coated. I've also seen work from a guy outside of Rushville that is solid, but there was a dogpile on here about training he was offering so he does not post here. I'm sure if you search cerakote Milroy you'll find him on the googs. His turn around for cerakote is rapid.

Yep, AllenM is the man, and good turn arounds, reasonable prices and does a lot more than cerakote if needed (if you are going to refinish a gun, always a good time to look at any metal work you want done before that. Highly recommend him.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Update on my 1911, I did get it back, fresh cerekote was done well, and I am happy with it. Just not very happy about the time frame in which it took to get done. He does do good work on refinishing, too bad he can't follow through on promised delivery times.

Glad to hear you got it back. Hoping everyone who had a gun with him gets it back.

Top Bottom