• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    This happened less than a mile from my house. Not that I've ever gone in there. No mention in the article if he was even carrying legal.

Suspect in deadly bar shooting to be arraigned Tuesday

I worked across the street from that place back in the 90's. I know the guy that owned it (the Bar). Carl. I am sure he's long gone by now. I ate lunch there many many times. Great burger. That neighborhood has changed a lot over the years. It was a working guys after work hangout. My dad went there a lot in the late 50-60's. I've seen some of my cousins in there the last time I was by. Don't know the crowd theses days.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'm just about 1/2 mile down from their. Seemed like a quiet place.

It used to be a Uniroyal(Ball band) Dodge's and other factory's in the area hangout years ago. My dad worked at 7-up bottling when it was down the street. He would often stop there. Lots of retired guys seemed to hang out there the last time I was in there (mid 90's).

The owner I new then did his best to kinda keep it that way. He didn't want it to be a biker hangout, or a rough place. I am guessing the guy I knew is long gone. I don't know what the atmosphere has been lately. I don't know what has happened there over the last 20 years.

Top Bottom