• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I like Mike Pence because he has the ability to answer questions, on the fly, and give intelligent, well reasoned responses that actually answer the question...not just skirt around the fringes with talking points. I've mentioned him in my circle of friends, co-workers, neighbors and some of them feel he is unelectable because he doesn't have the name recognition. I do enjoy hearing him speak though and wish him success.

MikePapa1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    North of Nashville, Tennessee
    I had a couple of cases with Mike when he was still practicing and he was a good lawyer and a great guy. When he went into radio I was a guest a couple of times and a regular caller. I was glad he ran and won, he could go far if he wants to do so. He's intelligent, articulate and a good man.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    He is also a diplomatic person. I've heard Garrison give him numerous opportunities to lambaste the opposition or even RINOs, and he always has an answer that conveys his message but doesn't cast aspersions on his opponent. Truly a class guy and I wish I could vote for him in 2010 (he's not in my district).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I dont think Mike Pence will get my vote, and urge America to demand better, and not more scumbags.

The latest straw poll has Pence leading in the GOP possible cannidates and is said to represent "definitive, or at least descriptive, in the type of candidate values voters will be looking for."

And just like the previous winners, he's only proven in his prestigous ability to be bought out, good value? :patriot::dunno:

Come on fellas, do you really want Pence as your President, or even thought of as a Cannidate? The idiot supported the illegal alien Kriebal bill, which to outline her plan to allow all illegal aliens in the U.S. to stay by having work permits issued by private sector labor brokers stationed in border towns. Kriebal, who used some idiot logic in HER speech, managed to suggest that her opposition to fences/walls on the borders.
    And Pence supported her?
    Pence with his "No amnesty" reform, will undoubtedly contain stealth measures to back up his plan, similar to Kriebal to grant full citizenship to the non-assmilators.

Im asking that people not be fooled by his magical "solve every issue" from such a snake in the grass as Pence.

My question to you guys. Can a Cannidate rebound from such a sponsorship to a Bill which poses such a grave and obvious threat to America and the Citizenship? How can he be trusted after this?
    Why should he even be given a chance?

DENOUNCE PENCE!

Congressman Pence Delivers Krieble Speech at Heritage Foundation Event

VDARE.com: 12/18/07 - Why Business Will Change Sides—And Accept An Immigration Cut-Off

About | The Vernon K. Krieble Foundation

Red Card biometrics touted for immigration reform | Spero News

Obama's immigration 'reform' coming soon....

Helen Krieble The Queen Bee of Loctite---PA Dutch Princess

News Hounds: Vicious Neocon Billionaire Heiress Offers a Chilling Solution to Illegal Immigration

H.R.4437: Hiring Incentives to Reinvest and Incentivize New Growth Act of 2010 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

SO GO AHEAD, VOTE PENCE, AND B**CH ABOUT WHY AMERICA IS STILL GOING DOWN THE S**TTER...

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    NHV, there is a difference between an "ideal" candidate and an "electable" candidate for any office. Part of "electability" is the general political climate and attitude of the electorate. Like it or not, our attitudes, as expressed on the INGO forum, don't reflect the majority attitudes of the electorate, at least insofar as concerns the size and role of government, although things seem to be starting to turn around.

Pence is, overall, a conservative Christian politician who seems to eschew the name-calling prevalent in today's politics and seems to prefer to advance his reasonable arguments for or against a particular view in a clear, concise manner. I trust that he is doing his best to advance my values.

If you have a particular candidate you think can do a better job in government than Pence, by all means, trot him out and let us see him.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    The biggest thing that makes me question Pence is his left-wing progressive stances on foreign policy and civil rights.

War seems to be the first option for him and he voted for the Patriot Act, although to be fair he and all but one Republican voted against this year's renewal. I can't help but think that that was entirely political though, since their rhetoric has been anti-constitution (as it relates to the Patriot Act) all these years.

If he truly wanted it repealed and the 2001 bill was just kneejerk to 9/11 then I could probably support him... provided he stops the Bill Clinton (Bush, Obama, etc.) foreign policy.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    While I do have a quote of his in my sig line, he's still a Republican, and therefore not trustworthy. I do like that he used the word Republic more than Democracy in his speach. Something has to change and as long a the Republicans and Democrats are sleeping in the same beds every night, neither will accomplish much that could be accurately called "Constitutional" or as the brady bunch would say "In the spirit of" the Constitution.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The biggest thing that makes me question Pence is his left-wing progressive stances on foreign policy and civil rights.

War seems to be the first option for him and he voted for the Patriot Act, although to be fair he and all but one Republican voted against this year's renewal. I can't help but think that that was entirely political though, since their rhetoric has been anti-constitution (as it relates to the Patriot Act) all these years.

If he truly wanted it repealed and the 2001 bill was just kneejerk to 9/11 then I could probably support him... provided he stops the Bill Clinton (Bush, Obama, etc.) foreign policy.

To what left-wing progressive foreign policy and civil rights positions do you refer?

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    To what left-wing progressive foreign policy and civil rights positions do you refer?

Military interventionism (pushing for war with Iran when we area already in two other conflicts) and the government spying on the citizenry without a warrant.

Both of those positions require a large government. So, left-wing progressive should fit by today's American definitions.

Of course this is just my opinion, many view interventionism as a right-wing conservative ideal.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Pence seems more like a neocon, folks. Look at THEY'RE AGENDA, and then look at Pence.

To those not in the know, NeoCon is a nice way of calling a Republican/RINO a Communist due to POLICY, NOT SPEECH.

If Pence supported that Krieble immigration bill, that is enough for me to suggest he be tried in court as a traitor, due to the harm immigration is causing America, nevermind that bill was just another incentive for more and more illegals.

When Pence runs, I hope he is Honest and puts the big fat (C)ommunist by his name.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Pence is a strong candidate on many levels but its bad seeing him backing a turd like Dan Coats. I understand party loyalty and taking care of your money train but sometimes its just sad. Hopefully, if he stays in office he will work harder at doing the right thing and not backing so many RINO's.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Pence is a strong candidate on many levels but its bad seeing him backing a turd like Dan Coats. I understand party loyalty and taking care of your money train but sometimes its just sad. Hopefully, if he stays in office he will work harder at doing the right thing and not backing so many RINO's.

You don't get to be the #3 guy in the House if you're not a party guy. Just sayin.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I emailed Mike Pence:

Mr. Pence,

I have been following you and your career for the last few years now. I have been impressed with many of your views and votes. I recently was able to view your recent speech to Hillsdale College and it was very impressive.

The only subject that we differ in opinion on seems to be immigration reform. I have been looking at your stance and you are very close to where I would like to see you. You are for tightening up our borders, you voted to declare English as the official language, but you seem soft on the issue of dealing with existing illegal aliens in America.

Even in the Pledge to America, the details are vague as to what exactly the Republicans will do with the illegals currently living in our country and using our resources.

I am asking you, because you seem to be the straightest shooter of which I can think, "If you had your way, what would the USA do about illegal immigrants in our borders?"

Thanks for your time and I look forward to your response.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    He Replied:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the crisis of illegal immigration facing our nation. It is my pleasure to hear from you.

Like many Americans, I believe we must find a rational middle ground between blanket amnesty and mass deportation. In June of 2006, the United States Senate considered and rejected legislation that would have granted amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants. Amnesty is not the middle ground and I cannot support it.

The true middle ground of this national debate must reflect the following four-step process:

1)Securing our border is the first step. As President Reagan said, "A nation without borders is not a nation." Therefore, we must make America a nation with borders. We must man the door. No temporary worker program should begin until border security measures are completed. The border must also continue to be certified as secure in order for a temporary worker program to continue.

2)The second step is to make the decision, once and for all, to deny amnesty to people whose first act in the United States was a violation of the law by requiring all illegal immigrants to leave the country to get right with the law.

3)The third step is to put in place a temporary worker program, without amnesty, that will establish "Ellis Island Centers" outside the country where private sector employment firms can match employers with willing temporary workers who pass a background check and learn English.

4)The final step is tough employer sanctions and an employment verification system that ensures a full partnership between American business and the American government in the enforcement of our immigration laws.

Over previous sessions of Congress, I have worked with colleagues in the House and Senate to achieve border security and immigration reform without amnesty. I look forward to doing so again in the 111th Congress and hope that we can put our nation on a path to rational and lasting immigration reform.

Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to serve in the United States House of Representatives and have the benefit of your advice. If you would like more information on this or any other issue, please visit my website at http://mikepence.house.gov.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom