• ...and so much more!
  • danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I feel for you. After doing all the math and balancing pros and cons, we simply chose to be a one income home. I was stay at home for 3 years, and my wife took over and has been running the home for the last 6.

I really feel for parents who are trying to balance the work + daycare balance, but in the end we decided not to keep up with the financial arms race.

Good luck.

Thanks for the well-wishing techres, we're trying to figure out what would work out best for us right now. I'm not against becoming a one-income home, it's just a huge change and we have been "running the numbers" to see what the breaking point would be in childcare costs vs. income to where any financial gains are negated by expenses.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    In an effort to somewhat steer this thread back on track, I have had one fairly promising possibility of an offer from Noblesville. I'm anxious to see how that works out.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I feel for you. After doing all the math and balancing pros and cons, we simply chose to be a one income home. I was stay at home for 3 years, and my wife took over and has been running the home for the last 6.

I really feel for parents who are trying to balance the work + daycare balance, but in the end we decided not to keep up with the financial arms race.

Good luck.

Same here. My wife worked a day or two a week on my off days/hours to make some cash. With a 2 and a 4 y/o I can't see paying that sort of money to someone... regardless of the tax writeoff, it doesn't offset the post tax pay by any stretch, we work in the OR so the hours are screwy and trying to find a daycare open at 6am is crazy and the ones that will... well they charge by arm and leg.

Sucks but I'm not sending my kids to day care for and extra couple hundred bucks a month. No way. We also don't make enough for a nanny.

Top Bottom