• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    14 hours? So a person can smoke pot, get a full 8 hours of sleep, get up, hit the gym, shower, head to work, and still fail the test during their commute? Obviously the person won't show signs of impairment at this point, but we all know the "your eyes look blood-shot" routine.

And that's just for the suggested tests. If they decide to blood test you, it'll go back 30-60 days depending on how much the person smokes and their body fat levels. A serious urine test will go back around 30 days. Although the tests will show the levels of it in your system, and a trained technician can most likely tell how long ago you smoked, the law just doesn't care. If there is THC in your system, and the judge is one of those that just HATE people and their choice to do with their body as they please, you could very well spend 6 months with good behavior behind bars.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    They'd be more than happy to give you the latter should you insist on the former.

And I'd be more than happy to be murdered over a natural growing plant to show regular people how insane these monsters are.

Quality of life is more important to me than life itself.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Someone should email the Michigan congress critter a copy of the U.S. Constitution with the following section highlighted: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized".

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I don't see any way it could pass the police would have to be medics to draw blood also they can't force you against your will. Get Real
    This bill relies on a saliva swap, not a blood draw. Some locations in this country have been allowing cops to do blood draws, tho. And their courts have upheld it. Good luck getting me to submit to that.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    There is no limit to what governments of men can do. It can pass and it can become law, that is reality now.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Maybe at least just the thought of the possibility might make some of those who abuse drugs think a little harder than what they already feebly think. When stats show that 2 in 5 drivers after 10 pm are already legally drunk, what other substances are these idiots taking? The police are not going to just start pulling you over willy-nilly and give you a drug test. Lawsuits waiting to happen there.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Maybe at least just the thought of the possibility might make some of those who abuse drugs think a little harder than what they already feebly think. When stats show that 2 in 5 drivers after 10 pm are already legally drunk, what other substances are these idiots taking? The police are not going to just start pulling you over willy-nilly and give you a drug test. Lawsuits waiting to happen there.

Of course not, they will pull you over because you were "using every bit of space in between the yellow lines". Any of you been pulled over for slightly swerving in your legal driving space? I know someone who has, and they found nothing, which is exactly the reason they pulled him over, to find anything. What if he was tired and had bloodshot eyes?

After all, anyone out driving during criminal hours (dark) must automatically be assumed a drug crazed armed psychopath!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

When they have all of those 2 in 5 drunk drivers off the road, then start worrying about the drugs that are forbidden in any concentration. After all, passing a law makes the problem go away, right?

Even if MI passes this, it will I'm sure, eventually be challenged in federal court and hopefully overruled on 4A grounds. Regardless, while I have never and (barring a diagnosis of, for example, cancer, God forbid AND a residence in a state that does not criminalize it)will never voluntarily use those drugs and da*n sure won't be driving with it in my system, I will simply choose to avoid Michigan and the spending of any tourism dollars there.

Blessings,
    Bill

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Might pee on the officer? :D

Ding ding ding! :D At least I'm not the only one with a dirty mind! :):

Wouldn't that be assault with bodily fluids? Just be glad these idiots cant do roadside hair tests for previous drug use.

And you beat me to it. :) Yes, it would be call "Liquid Assault and Battery" IIRC. Carries the same weight of the original thing. Kind of a stupid law, but I kinda, KINDA understand the reasoning for it. Never know what someone's bodily fluids contain. :dunno:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    You won't be peeing in a cup. These tests that they'd like to use are saliva based. They'll swab your mouth and then use a reagent on it. The problem is that these things have around a 70% false positive rate. Exposure to air alone has caused these tests to render a false positive. The chances are that many an innocent person forced to take these tests on the roadside are going to find themselves taken into custody at gunpoint, for something they didn't do.

The company I work for started using swabs for our "Randoms". You are right, they aren't infalable. My safety officer called me into the office - without warning when I got back to the garage to test me. Unfortunately, I had just taken a drink of coffee. (I keep a cup with me on my route.) I told her to give me warning the next time so that I would hold off on the coffee until after the test. She did. It worked just fine.

I had to wait around for a half hour to be tested again that first time. :xmad: On other occasions, there wasn't enough saliva to soak the cotton. :rolleyes:

I think they got tired of playing with their "toy" because, I haven't heard of anyone being tested for a while.

Top Bottom