• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Metro 40 was nice enough to let me ride with him from 12 - 5am Saturday. Mike is a great guy and last night was another eye opening and very educational experience for me. Third shift messes me up the next day since I'm not used to it but it's exciting. :yesway:

I also had the chance to meet board member Denny347 during the shift and we had the chance to chat for a bit! It was great to meet two more INGO members!

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I had a ride along scheduled with Mike, but we canceled and I haven't had the time to reschedule. I will need to get another scheduled before too long.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks Fenway! Glad you could visit our special little world, known as the east side graveyard shift! Let me know if you ever want to hang out....I know this great little place on 21st Street that serves water....:):

Do you work out of the Fountain Square station?

Hey, Fenway! Are you doing research for a potential career change?

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    That was funny. I think the call was about a fight outside of a "club". We roll up on this dilapidated brick building that looks abandoned but there are people in the parking lot and rap music blasting. One officer opens the door and shines his light inside. There was so much smoke it looked like a bomb had gone off inside. People start filing out immediately with out a word being said. The owner is asked if anyone is drunk and he told us that was not possible because all he sells is water.

Another call involved a bar fight at this POS hole in the wall. A bunch of officers showed up and the fight was broken up. The guy who was kicked out of the bar was an older guy and could barely stand up. As we were getting ready to leave we noticed him unlock his bike attached to a street sign and take off :):

At one point in the night Mike had to call a concerned citizen who we got to meet in person later that night. "he" was a real piece of work. The citizen had a name that could go either way and about 3 minutes into the conversation Mike asked if he was speaking with a man or a woman. That was pretty damn funny when it went down in person.

The men an woman working 3rd shift on the East side have a very difficult job. From what I saw they encounter some good people having a bad night but a whole lot of bad people having a bad night. As I said in my first message it is an eye opening experience!

Thanks Fenway! Glad you could visit our special little world, known as the east side graveyard shift! Let me know if you ever want to hang out....I know this great little place on 21st Street that serves water....:):

(Inside joke....you had to be there) :D

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I think most of us would enjoy a ride-along. I went on one with a family friend when I was pursuing a degree in criminal justice. It really made me appreciate what LEO go through, dealing day to day with scum that the average American only sees in movies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Speaking of Excise, did you apply? They just finished up the written exams this past weekend.

No, sir, I did not. I have a friend who is one of them who invited me to accompany them on some adventures.

I am ill-suited physically, psychologically, and emotionally for law enforcement work. :D

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    No, sir, I did not. I have a friend who is one of them who invited me to accompany them on some adventures.

I am ill-suited physically, psychologically, and emotionally for law enforcement work. :D

I was just checking, they just just finished up the written exams for their next process this past weekend.

Top Bottom