• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Well I bought one of the M&P gas, non-blowback airsoft guns last night.

Have yet to open the package. Don't think it is worth it. Maybe if I got one that was a bit more like a real semi-auto pistol it would help with the FoF, but this will just be a point and shoot. No practice on reloads, positioning and what not.

Guess I will do a bit more investigating and see what I can find that would be a little more like my EDC. Was only planning to use this for FoF, manipulations and close in shot training. Right now I can't get anyone in the house to agree to any FoF training with me.

Will just wait until the class to get my butt kicked. Probably easier for me to be laughed at by complete strangers than my family anyhow.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I use my Tokyo Marui propane/green gas 1911 airsoft pistol for lots of different training exercises. I'm not sure if the inexpensive non-reciprocating slide examples are worth trying or not, but I'm quite pleased with mine.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Nice.... definitely more than the blue light special I picked up yesterday. No love for the M&P though.

Thanks, it gives me a base point as to what I should be looking for.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    It looks like there may be some M&Ps from some of the other makers (I saw at least one under the "other GBBs") but I only have experience with the Tokyo Marui.

DrWin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think that you can get a GBB M&P full size by Tokyo Marui, but you for some reason you have to buy the slide and frame separately. Take a look here: Gas Blowback Pistols

I bought the M&P blowback slide and frame from that site. The particular one I got didn't really work; after one shot, the slide would just cycle repeatedly and release all of the gas without doing anything else. I couldn't fix it myself and ended up returning it... but never got my refund. I called them and sent emails, but never got any reply. It's been over a year now, so I've just sort of given up on it. I wouldn't recommend dealing with Blowback Armory, but that was just my experience.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Ouch on the bad gear and even worse on the bad CS.

I was browsing that site and found this so I got a little interested. At this stage I don't want to spend the money and not be able to return a defective item.

There is as lot to learn about this stuff. Maybe I should start a new thread getting input.... or maybe I will just see how they work when I get to the training and decide from there.

I haven't even tried looking into training knives.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    $75.90 total for a double queen bed room.

I would bunk with someone but I am still afraid that the family wants to be in tow.

Once I figure that portion out I will report. Doesn't look like they are going to be booked up though.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I think I will have a room filled with family.

Besides, I don't want anyone to see me sobbing in a corner after the first days training.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Yeah right.... I already have copies made of my insurance card just to speed things up at the ER.

Was going to show up drunk so I wouldnt feel it but I might be driving.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Hey everyone. I'm caught up on PMs. If anyone needs directions and/or the address let me know. The directions are really simple, so I'm hoping we don't have to form any search parties. FYI I have two large-ish dogs including a 7 month old overly friendly and extremely slobbery Newfoundland puppy, so I hope you all like dogs and aren't allergic or anything. We can lock them in the garage if they get too annoying. We also have five or so cats (reactive targets!) wandering around at any given time. I highly recommend bringing your own lawn chair, as well as some snacks and water. I can run in to town to get pizza or something like that, but there aren't many restaurants close by, so you may want to bring a lunch.

Top Bottom