• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Would like to get into the PCP game, but can't afford all the "gearing up" process. Well, that is if I took money away from traditional firearms.

I was surprised not to see at least one NP gun in the mix. I would rather shoot a Springer, but I do have a couple of NP's, and they do pretty well too.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Would like to get into the PCP game, but can't afford all the "gearing up" process. Well, that is if I took money away from traditional firearms.

I was surprised not to see at least one NP gun in the mix. I would rather shoot a Springer, but I do have a couple of NP's, and they do pretty well too.

Buying used PCP's and knowing I'd be hand pumping is what convinced me. Can't believe I waited so long.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Picked up an Umarex Gauntlet in .22 to get into the pcp game. Got the rifle, 4 mags and a hand pump for around $400. Threw a cheap 3-9×32 Simmons scope I had laying around. Very accurate rifle

My old springer would take a few shots to dispatch a coon. This will do it in 1, so squirrels shouldn't be an issue.

I'm happy with it for sure.

The filling with the hand pump gives a decent workout too

20240203_152346.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Picked up an Umarex Gauntlet in .22 to get into the pcp game. Got the rifle, 4 mags and a hand pump for around $400. Threw a cheap 3-9×32 Simmons scope I had laying around. Very accurate rifle

My old springer would take a few shots to dispatch a coon. This will do it in 1, so squirrels shouldn't be an issue.

I'm happy with it for sure.

The filling with the hand pump gives a decent workout too

View attachment 330438

I think I want one of those. :lol2:

People are quite intimidated by the hand pump. I pace myself and grin every time I use mine, between the cost savings and needed exercise.

Jarvitron

Plinker
    Mar 12, 2023
    Indianapolis
    I wimped out and bought the Yong Heng for $230 and it works fine for me so far. The crappy aquarium pump they include for cooling died after a year. I have a NP Gamo 177 that never ever gets used because my 22 pcp is so much quieter.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom