• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You didn't have to run off and join the Coast Guard. I would be happy to pepper spray you right here in good ol Indiana.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Oh yes pepper spray I remember all too well... I assume you also had to recite one of your general orders of a sentry while standing in the gas chamber during boot camp. That was really fun... especially when they couldnt get the hatch open...

Gunner

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I once had a "friend" pepper spray me. It was a most unpleasant experience but I did learn one VERY important fact. I was STILL able to beat the crap out of him in spite of being sprayed. So even though I couldn't see, I was having trouble breathing, I was not incapacitated.

That's why pepper-spray devices are not something I'd rely on in a life-of-death situation.

Thanks for posting the video. Even though you were sprayed it was clear that you were still able to draw your handgun and would probably have been able to hit your attacker with the first shot in spite of the pepper spray.

BTW - that "friend" was basically an idiot and I didn't hang around with him again after that.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Pepper spray wasn't so bad. When they had us in formation and chucked a CS canister in front of us we were supposed to wait a little and march past it. Well it caught fire so they made us stand there waiting until it died out yay!

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    I have taken a few stun guns, but never pepper spray. I have emptied an expired canister though, and inhaled some of the residual in the air, and even that wasn't awesome.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    Haha ya, getting sprayed sucks. I'd get tazed 5 times before having to do that again. I had an inmate drop to the floor during an altercation as soon as he saw my oc in my hand. He later told me that he wasn't scared of the red laser on his chest from the X-26, but he simply didn't want sprayed. We had a chuckle about it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I once had a "friend" pepper spray me. It was a most unpleasant experience but I did learn one VERY important fact. I was STILL able to beat the crap out of him in spite of being sprayed. So even though I couldn't see, I was having trouble breathing, I was not incapacitated.

That's why pepper-spray devices are not something I'd rely on in a life-of-death situation.

Thanks for posting the video. Even though you were sprayed it was clear that you were still able to draw your handgun and would probably have been able to hit your attacker with the first shot in spite of the pepper spray.

BTW - that "friend" was basically an idiot and I didn't hang around with him again after that.

I have seen too many incidents where people were sprayed and then retaliated with great efficiency. Bouncers laying on the floor knocked out, LEO with a black eye and bleeding from the mouth. Fist's/feet/club/knife/gun or just run like hell not in that order.

Had an idiot friend hit me with a hand held taser once thinking it was funny. He ended up with the same injury's as the LEO mentioned in this post. Do not see him anymore either.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Good job Coastie! I gotta say, when I read the thread title I was expecting something from a police cruiser's dashboard camera:D

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Everyone reacts to it differently. That's why we had to be sprayed. So we knew how we would react, in the case we had to use it, and cought any over spray. We had one guy who was 6'2" and built like a brick **** house. Initialy it did not really affect him, but after he his adrenaline went down, he was nothing but a big baby. Another guy almost curled up into the fetal position. If you have never been sprayed, you don't know how you'll react. That's one reason I had to hold my eye open toward the end, as I could not open them.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Went through that back in '03, except they made us defend ourselves with punches and kicks before drawing down. I got out in '08, are you still in?

Top Bottom