MCFG AIRSOFT USPSA / Steel Challenge Style Practice Night Next Tuesday at 6 pm!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Shooters,

We'll have our first ever AIRSOFT style USPSA / Steel Challenge practice on Tuesday, January 12th in the clubhouse at Marion County Fish and Game at 6 pm. We will be setting up some small practice stages with our new Drazy Airsoft Plate Rack, and our Airsoft USPSA targets. We'll be charging $5 for club members and $10 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new targets.

This is our first ever AIRSOFT match in the clubhouse, so we'll be looking for suggestions on how to make it better. Our goal is to provide a fun, safe, and WARM environment to practice during the winter months. In order to promote safe gun handling, we'll be following the same exact rules we would follow at USPSA and Steel Challenge matches, so that we don't reinforce bad habits for our shooters.

Airsoft style USPSA / Steel Challenge DOES NOT ALLOW REAL GUNS IN THE CLUBHOUSE. Just like a real USPSA or Steel Challenge match, our practice session is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all AIRSOFT guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your Airsoft gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

If you have any questions, please post here.

Sincerely,
    Chuck

"As to species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with a ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson 8 Papers of Thomas Jefferson 407 (J. Boyd ed., 1953)

chizzle

Master
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sweet!

Caspian,
    I think it's going to be a small crowd tonight, but that just means more shooting for me! Thus far I think George, Matt, and myself will be there.
    See you then!

Caspian

Marksman
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    Caspian,
    I think it's going to be a small crowd tonight, but that just means more shooting for me! Thus far I think George, Matt, and myself will be there.
    See you then!

Maybe if we are lucky Matt will take some video and we can post it to gather interest.

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    hmm, didn't see this until tonite, 1-12. I assume you guys are going to try this for a few months more? Can I bring my Glock 18C? Any full auto stages in the clubhouse? It *would* be fun! Only downside is sweeping up the spent ammo afterwards :D

So how many mags do you think we need? hopefully we can get by with 1-2?

Last edited:

chizzle

Master
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Doug,
    I was the same way, and I finally took a leap of faith to try one out. I've really liked my 2011 copy! It's certainly not a replacement for live fire practice, but it is a good way to get some inexpensive trigger time during the winter months.
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

Saw this and began looking for an airsoft. Have been on the fence for a while and I think you guys pushed me off...LOL. Hope to see you soon.

chizzle

Master
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    We did spend a significant amout of time sweeping up after, but it was worth it. Besides that, our clubhouse could always use some additional cleaning.

As long as your Airsoft pistol can shooting the semi-auto configuration too, there shouldn't be a problem. It's fun to hose down the plate rack with a fully auto Airsoft gun (which we did), but our goal here is realistic practice for USPSA and Steel Challenge.

The more mags, the better. Matt only had 1, but it did slow down his shooting a little. You'll be fine with 1-2 to start, but you may want more in the future.

hmm, didn't see this until tonite, 1-12. I assume you guys are going to try this for a few months more? Can I bring my Glock 18C? Any full auto stages in the clubhouse? It *would* be fun! Only downside is sweeping up the spent ammo afterwards :D

So how many mags do you think we need? hopefully we can get by with 1-2?

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    As long as your Airsoft pistol can shoot in semi-auto configuration too, there shouldn't be a problem. It's fun to hose down the plate rack with a fully auto Airsoft gun (which we did), but our goal here is realistic practice for USPSA and Steel Challenge.

Yep, I can do one-at-a-time too. Sounds like a good time to me, so when is the next one? next month, 2nd Tues?
    'til next time...:popcorn:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hmm, looky what arrived here yesterday;

SpingfieldLarge.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That's cool! I'm anxious to check it out sometime. Is it FUN or what?!? I think I put 2000 rounds through mine on the first weekend :)

Yeah, I had to lock it in the safe so I could get anything else done. Yellow BBs are everywhere.:D

What weight BBs are you guys using?

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Airsplat. Manny didn't have a single stack without a rail.

Burl,

Would you like to know why he didn't have one without a rail?

Cause I got the last one! Haha ha ha LOL

Should be here today. I am looking for additional mags but there will be b-b's around the house by Monday. Can't wait to get started.

Top Bottom