• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Do you know of any evidence that Koresh had an unregistered machine gun?

I'm legitimately asking, because I haven't ever seen any, although I'm aware of the allegations.

To be honest? No. But that's the excuse the government uses. It boils down to: "David Koresh didn't pay a $200 tax we refuse to let him pay, so we killed him and most of his followers and burned his damned house down."

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    To be honest? No. But that's the excuse the government uses. It boils down to: "David Koresh didn't pay a $200 tax we refuse to let him pay, so we killed him and most of his followers and burned his damned house down."

Okay, I was just making sure.

[/end thread hijack]

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Isn't there a ban on manufacturing machine guns after 1986? Perhaps that was the "MG ban" he was talking about being unconstitutional.

Could be. It doesn't matter, though. No matter what we're talking about, if it involves adding more legal MGs to the registry or otherwise making them available to the general public, it will be opposed both by the antis and current MG owners looking to protect their investment.

The phrase, "thirty pieces of silver" comes to mind, oddly enough.

Blessings,
    Bill

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Could be. It doesn't matter, though. No matter what we're talking about, if it involves adding more legal MGs to the registry or otherwise making them available to the general public, it will be opposed both by the antis and current MG owners looking to protect their investment.

The phrase, "thirty pieces of silver" comes to mind, oddly enough.

Blessings,
    Bill

I know that a lot of people have a lot of money invested in their MGs, but I haven't met one yet that wouldn't like to be able to buy newly-manufactured ones for less than the thousands that even the cheapest ones cost.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

Burned his house down? Whaaat? The government would never do anything like that. They burned their own house down trying to mix Molotov cocktails. They also shot at themselves the whole time. The government never ever fired a single bullet!

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I know this has been mentioned already but it cannot be overstated how scary it is that four votes were cast by SCOTUS to pretty much eliminate the 2A. This is a victory. But it's just one battle. The war is far from over.:twocents:

All four were Democrat selections.
    How any gun owner would every pull the lever for a Democrat is beyond me!

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I am very displeased.
    This should have been unanimous.

And now that Stevens is stepping down, and Kagan all but certain to get in,
    this decision might not have turned out this way next session.

And that should frighten everyone.

Post from another forum:
    Clearly the four dissenters in McDonald are racists, trying to deny an African American grandpa his 2nd Amendment rights. Just like slave owners wanted to do back in the day.

LOL ! That will get the democrat voters riled up!

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    All four were Democrat selections.

That would be incorrect.

Stevens was put there by a Republican President as well.

Gerald Ford appointed Stevens in 74-75.

:lol2:

Curses! Your plan to paint ALL Democrats as anti-gun & ALL Republicans as pro-gun is foiled again!

How any gun owner would every pull the lever for a Democrat is beyond me!

Seeing as Heller was voted against by 4 justices, 2 of which were selected by Democrats & 2 by Republicans & GW sent his IG to argue against Heller I can't see how any gun-owner would ever pull the lever for a Republican either.

Back on topic though:

That was a great decision & a huge win for the 2A. Could it have been better? Sure, but it's a big step in the right direction.

It was rather funny how Scalia slammed on Stevens. Maybe not becoming of a high court judge (or any profession that should show respect to its other members - no matter how wrong they are), but humorous nonetheless.

92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    Talked to my son on the phone tonight, he lives in Chicago. He said a couple things he's seen on the news up there since the decision are:
    1. Imposing a limit of one handgun per household.
    2. No gun sales will be allowed in Chicago. You will have to go outside city limits to buy your gun.
    Remember these are just ideas being tossed around, who knows if they will actually get implemented. Chicago is obviously not going to just roll over and let eveyone own a gun unchecked.

ABolt243

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Shelbyville, IL
    As a life-long Illinoisian, I think the most shameful part of Illinois history is that we had Chicago burned down once, and allowed it to be rebuilt!!!

Dickey Daley has only begun to think up all the crap he's gonna try to pull, and then spend tax dollars on in court. It's a lawyer's dream!!

Abolt243

Top Bottom