• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    The information contained in this video discussion is essentially the foundation of the culmination of events the last two years. Video only gets better to it's one hour endpoint. My hope is that it helps clear your minds and provides a better understanding of how we got to where we are now at, and also highlights a viable pathway forward, especially from a historical perspective.

Edit added this:
    Rumble — TPC #653 is with Dr. Mattias Desmet, teacher of Mass Formation Psychosis; Dr. Robert Malone, the inventor of the mRNA vaccine; and Dr. Peter McCullough, the most published cardio-renal physician in world history.

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    So this new catchphrase came from Dr. Malone quoting a theory by a psychologist named Dr. Desmet? There’s no mention of it anywhere in APA handbooks, or the DSM-V, and nothing I can find on any scholarly databases as far as research or citations. I haven’t found any other psychologists supporting it or criticizing it. There’s nothing on Google Scholar either, and the first mention of it appears to be November of this year. Does this discussion touch on where this idea came from and what sort of research has been done on it? Is it related to “mass hysteria” or “mob mentality” theories?

Last edited:

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Yea, I’d stop using google for searches. They were flat caught editing search results, multiple times now.

Move over to duckduckgo or something else if you want non-biased search results.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Yea, I’d stop using google for searches. They were flat caught editing search results, multiple times now.

Move over to duckduckgo or something else if you want non-biased search results.
    All the DuckDuckGo stuff is within the past month or so as well. PubMed doesn’t have anything on it. I’m just trying to figure out why it suddenly appeared.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    All the DuckDuckGo stuff is within the past month or so as well. PubMed doesn’t have anything on it. I’m just trying to figure out why it suddenly appeared.

The interviews I have seen have all attributed it to Dr. Desmit and stated that it came out of attempts to explain why Nazi Germany happened. It was also stated that it originated at the University of Ghent in Belgium, so you might try adding that to your search. On a side note, Ghent is a really neat city to visit!

In my opinion, too much is being made of this theory. I tend to simply think that history shows that propaganda works, no need to have a psychological theory for it. I don't even mean propaganda in a negative sense, just repeating anything enough leads people to accept it. The interesting part to me is the altered Google search results, it demonstrates the inane level they are willing to go to to control the flow of information.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The interviews I have seen have all attributed it to Dr. Desmit and stated that it came out of attempts to explain why Nazi Germany happened. It was also stated that it originated at the University of Ghent in Belgium, so you might try adding that to your search. On a side note, Ghent is a really neat city to visit!

In my opinion, too much is being made of this theory. I tend to simply think that history shows that propaganda works, no need to have a psychological theory for it. I don't even mean propaganda in a negative sense, just repeating anything enough leads people to accept it. The interesting part to me is the altered Google search results, it demonstrates the inane level they are willing to go to to control the flow of information.
    I think it’s an interesting idea. It seems also like it’s just an initial theory Dr. Desmet has and not a real, researched thing yet.

As far as the Google thing, what happened? I saw screenshots of a weird message when people tried to search it. Did the sudden high volume searches for something that doesn’t exist confuse the system? If it was intentional control of information, what information? It doesn’t seem like there was anything about this prior to the last few months. I assume some here researched it on DuckDuckGo before Google. What information did you find that isn’t available on Google? Is there a link to any research or mentions of this theory prior to November or December?

Every theory starts somewhere, but it seems like people are getting ahead of it.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I think it’s an interesting idea. It seems also like it’s just an initial theory Dr. Desmet has and not a real, researched thing yet.

As far as the Google thing, what happened? I saw screenshots of a weird message when people tried to search it. Did the sudden high volume searches for something that doesn’t exist confuse the system? If it was intentional control of information, what information? It doesn’t seem like there was anything about this prior to the last few months. I assume some here researched it on DuckDuckGo before Google. What information did you find that isn’t available on Google? Is there a link to any research or mentions of this theory prior to November or December?

Every theory starts somewhere, but it seems like people are getting ahead of it.
    The change in the Google search results was that initially the result you got was a short video that simply explained what the theory is, that was changed to the weird message, it was then changed to an obscure YouTube video claiming it was an alt-right theory.

If you search it on Google now you just get all kinds of mainstream media saying it's anti-vaxx nonsense. The alt-right video seems to have went away. Obviously, their algorithms can produce changing results without intervention. This was a fascinating example of being able to watch them in real time actually intervening to change the results.

I can't really help you on finding out the answers to your other questions, I was never particularly interested in the theory itself. I simply googled it after watching the Dr. Malone interview to see what he was talking about, and got the initial video explaining what it was. Later, somebody posted the weird message, so I googled it again and saw that instead. I went back a little later to get a screen shot of the message and got the alt-right explanation. It was all just very odd.

The other thing that is very strange in all of this is that Dr. Malone didn't really make a big deal about any of this in the Rogan interview. It was like the last 5 minutes of a 3 hour interview. Yet, if you Google it now you would be under the impression that it was the main topic.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The change in the Google search results was that initially the result you got was a short video that simply explained what the theory is, that was changed to the weird message, it was then changed to an obscure YouTube video claiming it was an alt-right theory.

If you search it on Google now you just get all kinds of mainstream media saying it's anti-vaxx nonsense. The alt-right video seems to have went away. Obviously, their algorithms can produce changing results without intervention. This was a fascinating example of being able to watch them in real time actually intervening to change the results.

I can't really help you on finding out the answers to your other questions, I was never particularly interested in the theory itself. I simply googled it after watching the Dr. Malone interview to see what he was talking about, and got the initial video explaining what it was. Later, somebody posted the weird message, so I googled it again and saw that instead. I went back a little later to get a screen shot of the message and got the alt-right explanation. It was all just very odd.

The other thing that is very strange in all of this is that Dr. Malone didn't really make a big deal about any of this in the Rogan interview. It was like the last 5 minutes of a 3 hour interview. Yet, if you Google it now you would be under the impression that it was the main topic.
    And maybe giving the impression that the interview was all about MFH, not just an endnote, is part of the control plan to discredit Malone. (Which in itself is another theory, or conspiracy)

My point is, there was so much more good info, presented logically, calmly, TPTB should be worried if they’re covering something up.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    And maybe giving the impression that the interview was all about MFH, not just an endnote, is part of the control plan to discredit Malone. (Which in itself is another theory, or conspiracy)

My point is, there was so much more good info, presented logically, calmly, TPTB should be worried if they’re covering something up.
    Isn't it all quite interesting? The other thing is that he is now universally described as "anti-vaxx." I never got that impression from the interview, maybe I'm wrong, but that was not my impression. He was opposed to giving it to kids, and explained why. He also discussed issues regarding menstrual cycles, etc. In other words, he had a nuanced discussion of possible issues in particular cases and advocated for making information available. I have never been an advocate of conspiracy theories, but the obvious effort to discredit him leaves me shaking my head.

Last edited:

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    It has been around since the turn of the 20th century, although not defined exactly as "mass formation psychosis" Freud talked about it at length in Group Psychology and the Analysis of the Ego as well as Gustave Le Bon in The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind.

"Whoever be the individuals that compose it, however like or unlike be their mode of life, their occupations, their character, or their intelligence, the fact that they have been transformed into a group puts them in possession of a sort of collective mind which makes them feel, think, and act in a manner quite different from that in which each individual would feel, think, and act were he in a state of isolation. We see, then, that the disappearance of the conscious personality, the predominance of the unconscious personality, the turning by means of suggestion and contagion of feelings and ideas in an identical direction, the tendency to immediately transform the suggested ideas into acts; these, we see, are the principal characteristics of the individual forming part of a group. He is no longer himself, but has become an automaton who has ceased to be guided by his will."

It is a little ironic that Le Bon used the term "contagion" quite a bit in his writings:
    "‘The second cause, which is contagion, also intervenes to determine the manifestation in groups of their special characteristics, and at the same time the trend they are to take. Contagion is a phenomenon of which it is easy to establish the presence, but which it is not easy to explain. It must be classed among those phenomena of a hypnotic order, which we shall shortly study. In a group every sentiment and act is contagious, and contagious to such a degree that an individual readily sacrifices his personal interest to the collective interest. This is an aptitude very contrary to his nature, and of which a man is scarcely capable, except when he makes part of a group."

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Isn't it all quite interesting? The other thing is that he is now universally described as "anti-vaxx." I never got that impression from the interview, maybe I'm wrong, but that was not my impression. He was opposed to giving it to kids, and explained why. He also discussed issues regarding menstrual cycles, etc. In other words, he had a nuanced discussion of possible issues in particular cases and advocated for making information available. I have never been an advocate of conspiracy theories, but the obvious effort to discredit him leaves me shaking my head.
    Ironically both Dr. Malone and Dr. McCullough have taken the vaccine. Dr. Malone has stated he developed hypertension from it, like 230 over ?.

I feel like this thread may help prove the mass formation theory. :thumbsup: BTW Google told me that too:cool:.

There is historically always propoganda from each side. How else do we get to a resolution, particularly in this silent war? I think a good idea would be to decide which has the most evil ulterior motive! That's an easy one for me. I can't imagine anyone wants 2022 to be like the last two years.

Unless people like riding the fence, and some here do, pick a side and speak out for freedom! Maybe have a little peek at what's going on in other parts of the World. Major protests, for freedom! Wow, is some non-compliance going to kill you, or are you going to let TPTB do that for you?

Screenshot_20220104-135517~2.png

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    So this new catchphrase came from Dr. Malone quoting a theory by a psychologist named Dr. Desmet? There’s no mention of it anywhere in APA handbooks, or the DSM-V, and nothing I can find on any scholarly databases as far as research or citations. I haven’t found any other psychologists supporting it or criticizing it. There’s nothing on Google Scholar either, and the first mention of it appears to be November of this year. Does this discussion touch on where this idea came from and what sort of research has been done on it? Is it related to “mass hysteria” or “mob mentality” theories?
    Unsurprisingly the people who manufactured the mass psychosis deny that mass psychosis is a thing.

idkfa

personally invading Ukraine (vicariously)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell

The relationship between the phenomenon of 'mass formation' (Massenbildung) and the production and circulation of ideologies is examined.

It appears this phenomenon has been known for a long time, since at least the mid-19th century, however, mostly under slightly different names, such as "Group Formation" or "Group Psychology" and mostly in German.
    Most likely, this subject is so old and so niche, it is primarily discussed in books, and those that were scanned and indexed are likely few and far between.

Specific association between "group formation" and "psychosis" or "hysteria" seems to be, indeed, missing from the search engines -- in English, that is.
    If you were to switch, e.g., to Russian, you start getting somewhere.

[google translate]
    Fundamentals of Sociology (1998)

Mass fears, rumors, group hysteria, panic at the slightest social upheaval are indispensable attributes of Homo Sovieticus. They are a consequence and addition of the arbitrariness of the authorities, their corruption, mass repressions, public humiliation, ethnic conflicts, poverty.

[google translate]
    Introduction to Therapeutic Counseling (2001 edition)
    Recall that throughout human history, group hysteria has been considered more destructive and dangerous than any contagious disease.

Perhaps the most revealing, poignant, ironic, and plain funny aspect of the latter publication is that it's a Russian translation of a book written by two US psychologists Jeffrey A. Kottler and Robert W. Brown in 1985.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    It has been around since the turn of the 20th century, although not defined exactly as "mass formation psychosis" Freud talked about it at length in Group Psychology and the Analysis of the Ego as well as Gustave Le Bon in The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind.

"Whoever be the individuals that compose it, however like or unlike be their mode of life, their occupations, their character, or their intelligence, the fact that they have been transformed into a group puts them in possession of a sort of collective mind which makes them feel, think, and act in a manner quite different from that in which each individual would feel, think, and act were he in a state of isolation. We see, then, that the disappearance of the conscious personality, the predominance of the unconscious personality, the turning by means of suggestion and contagion of feelings and ideas in an identical direction, the tendency to immediately transform the suggested ideas into acts; these, we see, are the principal characteristics of the individual forming part of a group. He is no longer himself, but has become an automaton who has ceased to be guided by his will."

It is a little ironic that Le Bon used the term "contagion" quite a bit in his writings:
    "‘The second cause, which is contagion, also intervenes to determine the manifestation in groups of their special characteristics, and at the same time the trend they are to take. Contagion is a phenomenon of which it is easy to establish the presence, but which it is not easy to explain. It must be classed among those phenomena of a hypnotic order, which we shall shortly study. In a group every sentiment and act is contagious, and contagious to such a degree that an individual readily sacrifices his personal interest to the collective interest. This is an aptitude very contrary to his nature, and of which a man is scarcely capable, except when he makes part of a group."
    That’s a great explanation.
    Somewhere, I believe in the video link that started this thread but not sure, there is a conversation stating that thoughts are contagious.
    Pretty fascinating.

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    @qwerty and @idkfa

Both of your posts led to a series of related searches and now I have answers to my questions, so thanks!

It appears the reason nothing can be found is that term doesn’t really exist as written. It’s sort of an amalgamation of related terms and ideas. It seems most similar to “mass psychosis illness.” Regardless of what terms he used, it’s an interesting theory.

Here is another interesting article for anyone into this kind of stuff:

Political Economy

Still just a theory, but food for thought.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I always have been a student of crowds and audience.

I can kind of tell when a comedian has a planted heckler in the audience. I have heard cheers and chants started on delay speakers at concerts. I know when Ozzy has a singer backstage singing the lead while he is somewhat singing. The doors could whip an audience into a frenzy in with words and music. To the point of rooting. Guns and roses has done it on occasion also.

It is kind of what you are discussing only on a slightly smaller scale. You can use this for good and bad. The basics can be learned by going to church. The responding “amen” from the choir leader after a statement. The tonal usage of slow and low verses loader and faster.

Top Bottom