• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    I aquired an old but decent Marlin model 60. Only issue is the trigger guard assembly is broke. It is the model with the plastic assembly. I do Not have the piece that broke off and it looks as if a previous owner attempted a repair. I have found replacements online but the price is more than the rifle is worth.
    I’ve included a photo to show the broken area.
    Suggestions?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2427.jpeg
      IMG_2427.jpeg
      160.7 KB · Views: 38
    • IMG_2426.jpeg
      IMG_2426.jpeg
      182.7 KB · Views: 38

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Order the part, Model 60's are good guns, it'll be worth fixing it, sure it's not a 10/22, but they are good guns. If you're planning on selling it, then don't fix it, if you want a shooter, and the Marlin is one of those, then get the part.

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    Thank you for your suggestions.
    I’ll get the photos asap.
    Where is the $50 trigger?
    I’ve read that there are different trigger groups so Not all replacements will work.

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana

Attachments

• IMG_2434.jpeg
      IMG_2434.jpeg
      158.4 KB · Views: 14
    • IMG_2433.jpeg
      IMG_2433.jpeg
      203.8 KB · Views: 14
    • IMG_2431.jpeg
      IMG_2431.jpeg
      193.3 KB · Views: 14

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I didnt know they made them out of plastic. Must be a newer 60. I have had 2 which the older held a few more rounds in the tube and then 1 slightly "updated" of the older which had a couple less rounds that could be loaded in the tube. Besides round count, the only difference between them was the pivot pins in the trigger group. Old used "c" clips to hold pins on outer plates.
    Maybe find a local near by with a 60 and compare the metal style to the plastic.
    If you get that fixed, you might think about stoning the trigger parts of the machining marks and polushing. Makes for a super smooth trigger action. I also found an ATI sheleton stock for mube also.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Thank you for your suggestions.
    I’ll get the photos asap.
    Where is the $50 trigger?
    I’ve read that there are different trigger groups so Not all replacements will work.
    There is only one (1) trigger group for the Marlin semi-automatic .22LR rifles that I am aware of. There are, however, aftermarket triggers and springs that may not fit all trigger guards.

Here’s the pics.
    BTW - just realized that I need the 2 screws that secure the trigger group as well.
    You will need two screws and one ‘T’ nut to attach your trigger group to the stock. Refer to the attached PDF for what parts you need. You can contact Marlin to order spare parts, but I’ve found that eBay works just as well for these sorts of items. The rear screw (part no. 59) attaches to the rear of the rifle’s receiver … take care not to over-tighten this screw. The front screw and corresponding ‘T’ nut (parts 60 & 61) just hold the trigger guard in place in the stock.

The link already shared from DIP, Inc. ( Marlin Model 60 Replacement Trigger Guard (diproductsinc.com) ) is a solid solution to replacing your broken trigger guard. It’s very easy to remove the trigger, safety, and associated springs from your broken trigger guard and reinstall them in the new one. Poke around on the DIP website … there are more options for an M60 trigger guard. If something is listed as “Back Ordered”, and you want it, place an order, and wait. I’ve never waited more than a few weeks to receive “Back Ordered” items from DIP.

However, if don’t feel up to moving the parts over, DIP also offers a complete M60 trigger guard … Diversified Innovative Products - Product Detail - M60 Trigger Guard Complete (diproductsinc.com)

You can download the Owner’s Manual here … Instruction Manuals (marlinfirearms.com)

You can also learn more about your rifle by reading all the sticky’s on Rimfire Central … Marlin Semiautomatic | Rimfire Central Firearm Forum

Let us know how things turn out with your rifle.

Attachments

• Marlin 60 Schematic.pdf
      166.1 KB · Views: 6

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Last edited:

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Not sure if this one is worth considering after seeing the aluminum DIP model ..................
    Just did a quick curious search myself and can`t confirm this is the one you need .......also , no screws .

The OP's trigger guard shows a last shot hold open lever slot ... the trigger assembly linked above doesn't appear to have that slot.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I aquired an old but decent Marlin model 60. Only issue is the trigger guard assembly is broke. It is the model with the plastic assembly. I do Not have the piece that broke off and it looks as if a previous owner attempted a repair. I have found replacements online but the price is more than the rifle is worth.
    Suggestions?
    Try calling Ruger/Marlin about the part you need. They may very well send it to you free. Or have the part you need for a decent price.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Suggestions?

The Model 60 was my very first rifle. I got it when I was around 13 from Kmart....no ******* "fill out a form to ask massa permission to exercise natural rights" bull**** back then.

I still have it. It still runs like a top and still gets out for small game from time to time. Lots of great memories.

Enjoy yours!

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    WOW! Y’all are amazing. The incredible detail is sincerely appreciated. Can’t wait to hopefully repair this old Marlin.
    Thanks again.
    Oh, there's more ...

If you ever decide/need to replace/upgrade any of the springs, you'll want to go with M*Carbo ... https://www.mcarbo.com/store/c/31-Marlin-Parts.aspx

If you need bolt buffers, look to Jack First ... https://jackfirstinc.com/product-ca...marlin-glenfield-model-60-22-semi-auto-rifle/

If you want open aperature sights, Tech-Sights has what you want ... https://www.tech-sights.com/product...i-rio-bravo-rifle-adjustable-aperture-sights/

If you want to scope your M60, don't use dovetail scope mounts. Rather install a picatinny rail like DIP, Inc. offers ... this provides a much more stable base for your scope. Read the descriptions carefully to select the rail that will work with your rifle (based on year of manufacture).

To figure out the year your rifle was manufactured in follow this link ... https://www.marlin-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2288

And, there's even more, but you first need to get your rifle in working order.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    WOW! Y’all are amazing. The incredible detail is sincerely appreciated. Can’t wait to hopefully repair this old Marlin.
    Thanks again.

They have that part you need in stock
    And I think the screws as well.

Top Bottom